The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, JONESYVILLA said:

I agree, Jack goes and I wouldn’t want to see the number 10 shirt used ever again. Would be too much of a reminder of what we had and lost.

Words of friendly advice here; you've pushed it way, way too far with this. Poor effort. Apply yourself next time.

7vvmrcbhj2721.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Enda said:

For £100m, I’d absolutely sell him.

Just a bit more and I'm on board to. He has only played over 75% of available games once in the past 3 seasons. 

If we broke our transfer record by £40 million and that player had an injury history like that we would all be pissed.

If City want to shatter the transfer record for Jack then Villa has to at least listen. 

51 minutes ago, Enda said:

I’m half-serious that £100m is far too much money for an injury-prone player with four years left until he’s 30. Is he worth £25m a year I don’t know.

That's literally the prize money difference between 17th and 8th. Which is the difference between where we would finish with or without him. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

That's literally the prize money difference between 17th and 8th. Which is the difference between where we would finish with or without him. 

When did we last finish 8th?

Just now, Enda said:

When did we last finish 8th?

We got 40 something points in 23 games with him. That's guaranteed safety every season. And if he can stay fit (ideally if we actually manage his minutes so he doesn't play every minute all year) we'd definitely be top 6 and in contention for top 4.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

We got 40 something points in 23 games with him. That's guaranteed safety every season. And if he can stay fit (ideally if we actually manage his minutes so he doesn't play every minute all year) we'd definitely be top 6 and in contention for top 4.

Not seeing the answer to my question there.

Look, I was a bit blunt in my first post (I’ve had a few glasses of bubbly) but the point is there. Jack’s a hell of a player but he will retire some day and will be past his best sometime sooner, maybe only 3-4 years from now. Club will need to move on. There’s a price that we should accept. Breaking the British transfer record sounds about right.

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Not seeing the answer to my question there.

Look, I was a bit blunt in my first post (I’ve had a few glasses of bubbly) but the point is there. Jack’s a hell of a player but he will retire some day and will be past his best sometime sooner, maybe only 3-4 years from now. Club will need to move on. There’s a price that we should accept. Breaking the British transfer record sounds about right.

It isn't even close to justifying selling him. Yeah we will need to move on. Ideally after we have established ourselves as a top 6 team that can consistently attract top tier talent. 

• Like 1

We're spending £100m or more every summer anyway to progress and improve. Selling Jack for one years worth of transfers would be a travesty.

Yeah we could get good value. And yeah it might mean we could spend £200m one year. We wouldnt but we could. But one years worth of transfers for the best player I can remember seeing play for Villa in my 29 years?

Nah. The pull he has for other players + our improved league positions + his marketing attributes is worth more than £100m. 

Memories of watching him play and take us to the CL or winning a couple of Cups are priceless.

Do not sell for any money if we can help it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

For £100m, I’d absolutely sell him.

When comments like this start arriving you know it's time to start looking in the yellow pages for the nearest Psychopath or contract killer.

• Like 1

I think he goes and I think he goes very soon. Owners won't want it to drag on now. Onwards and upwards. Its pure profit from and FFP perspective and means we can really splash the cash. Attracting players may be the hard but but money talks.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I think he goes and I think he goes very soon. Owners won't want it to drag on now. Onwards and upwards. Its pure profit from and FFP perspective and means we can really splash the cash. Attracting players may be the hard but but money talks.

Spurs did the same after the sold Bale...  They reinvested poorly...  Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Chadli, & Eriksen.  Eriksen was the only standout and Lamela turned into a decent rotation option but the rest were busts and it set the team back several years.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Spurs did the same after the sold Bale...  They reinvested poorly...  Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Chadli, & Eriksen.  Eriksen was the only standout and Lamela turned into a decent rotation option but the rest were busts and it set the team back several years.  

They did far better without him eventually. I'm being optimistic but short term pain for long term gain

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Liverpool sold Coutinho and won the title with the players they purchased from that fee.  If he goes I trust our recruitment team to make some inspired signings. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We're spending £100m or more every summer anyway to progress and improve. Selling Jack for one years worth of transfers would be a travesty.

Yeah we could get good value. And yeah it might mean we could spend £200m one year. We wouldnt but we could. But one years worth of transfers for the best player I can remember seeing play for Villa in my 29 years?

Nah. The pull he has for other players + our improved league positions + his marketing attributes is worth more than £100m. 

Memories of watching him play and take us to the CL or winning a couple of Cups are priceless.

Do not sell for any money if we can help it.

Our Owners are flipping mad if they sell, it will be a setback for sure but one I feel we do have to go through at some point. I just don't think it should be right now, we need better quality at Villa before we can say goodbye to our star man. 

Screw City, Screw Bluemoon, screw Jack's feelings this is the damn club that needs to keep hold of him. This is business and for the sake of the Club Jack needs to stay and that's that. Jack's under contract and if any club want him then they pay what the Owners want or do one down the (300 gif pit).

Wouldn't that be something- Smith, Purslow, Lange and the Villa Squad dressed as spartans, NSWE can be the Ephors 🤣. Smith as Leonidas and Man City Emisaris show up, it all kicks off as Man City demand Villa give up Grealish. Smith gives the City Emisaris the look and shouts "this is Villa" and kicks them all down the pit starting a war off.

I'd pay to see that movie or better yet if it was real.

I don't think he's worth selling at all, replace him with maybe 2 players? You maybe get a slighter better overall squad and finish 7th instead of 8th this season? Cool I guess but for me I'd take the worse team with one of your own.

I.e if we were in this situation  with Phillips I'd rather keep him even if it doesn't make  any sense as far as 'progress'

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I don't think he's worth selling at all, replace him with maybe 2 players? You maybe get a slighter better overall squad and finish 7th instead of 8th this season? Cool I guess but for me I'd take the worse team with one of your own.

I.e if we were in this situation  with Phillips I'd rather keep him even if it doesn't make  any sense as far as 'progress'

Especially when he's crucial in attracting top talent anyway. His presence here alone pays the touted fees and then some.

Â