The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He lost his playmate from minute 1.

Traore is a liability and Jack had to carry the team on his own.

#ReleaseHourihane

Can't see how Traoré was a liability, he assisted and never gave the ball away, offered in areas other players don't. Hes obviously not fit enough for 90 min but other than that I can't see what he's done wrong. Jack was knackered, simple. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can't see how Traoré was a liability, he assisted and never gave the ball away, offered in areas other players don't. Hes obviously not fit enough for 90 min but other than that I can't see what he's done wrong. Jack was knackered, simple. 

Correct! 

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did nothing from open play. That's what i judge attacking players on.

Fair enough , it's a game of opinions. The thing I noticed with him is he's brave , he takes chances and isn't scared to play forward passes and offers when he's got opposition players close to him. For me this part of his game shows great promise, normally we only have  Jack that does these things. 

Jack has a week to recover from his international efforts hopefully he will be back to his usual effort levels. For me with Barkley being out Jack should push into the middle ,Traore should start on the left with Elghazi coming on second half until his fitness levels are high enough to last 90 

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He lost his playmate from minute 1.

Traore is a liability and Jack had to carry the team on his own.

#ReleaseHourihane

Totally agree with this. Free transfer to the championship is the best we can hope for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vazquez said:

I think Ross injury and moving Jack to number 10 was mistake. Should have brought Nakamba or Hourihane in and kept the formation, Grealish needs the ball and space to attack, anonymous in the middle.

Jack got pushed to the middle because he was not tracking Lamptey at all in the first half. It was obvious he was gassed from that international break and moving him was better than taking him off. 

Either way, the point stands. Jack was invisible in the middle and quickly drifted out wide first to the right and then finally back to his more comfortable left side.  It was actually a little comical at times.  At some point late in the 2nd half Jack was out wide right and him, Trez and El Ghazi were all right on top of each other. 

Jack unable to play on the left for the majority of the game really screwed us. Fair play to Brighton for forcing that tactical shift. 

Â