The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

His trial by social media is **** ridiculous

its a poor piece of journalism with a shit attention grabbing headline followed by very little in terms of back up or evidence as to what Jack was doing at that party followed by people jumping on his back

hes done nothing wrong and yet will probably be dropped at the weekend and see his form slump for the rest of the season again

collymores put his cape on and jumped in, does t make the situation better but generates another unwanted headline...well done Stan...

I disagree completely about your point about collymore, he didn't critique jack he warned him of the people that would try bring you down and secretly love it when you fail. I thought that was very noble of Stan to be honest.

really don't understand why collymore gets slated for absolutely anything he says about villa even when he is completely right about things.

• Like 3

Why does he need to say anything? Jack has an unwanted headline in 2 newspapers, Stan collymore now has an open letter in about 5 of them

if he wants to reach out to Jack Grealish then go do it, if he wants to reach out to millions of people on social media and paint himself as a Samaritan then write open letter

stan being Stan did the latter

chris suttons in the media this morning giving his ten pence, who cares, the club should have put it to bed immediately 

• Like 1

So as a footballer you're not every allowed a bit of fun ever?  Players usually get the day following a match off.  There's no evidence to suggest he was even wasted anyway.

This is why I hate football of today, cannot relate to the players at all.  They've all been turned into footballing robots.  This is shown by their inability to hold a basic conversation in English.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That is the crux of it at present for me. There is no evidence, at present, that he was drunk etc or did anything wrong and this was at a time when he would have had a day off the next day.

If as part of the clubs investigation they turn up any wrong doing by Jack, other than having been at a party that got a little out of hand, then they should come down on him heavily. Let’s wait and see though as despite his previous then for now I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I also agree with others that both Collymore and Xia sticking their beaks in publically as kept a non story going way longer than it deserved. Xia especially should have waited to see what his own clubs investigation found before commenting.

He is not living a normal life anymore. He is proffessional sportsman, a celebrity even. He can no longer even be present at rowdy hotel parties at flash hotels. If he becomes a superstar then maybe he will get away it but until he proves himself he really does need to stop giving the media ammunition. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Why does he need to say anything? Jack has an unwanted headline in 2 newspapers, Stan collymore now has an open letter in about 5 of them

if he wants to reach out to Jack Grealish then go do it, if he wants to reach out to millions of people on social media and paint himself as a Samaritan then write open letter

stan being Stan did the latter

chris suttons in the media this morning giving his ten pence, who cares, the club should have put it to bed immediately 

Stan is just doing what he thinks is best for Stan Collymore and Stan's career.

'Me me me me me me me me me me me.'

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If you think Grealish's behaviour makes him an idiot then must absolutely despise McGrath!

Difference Is mcgrath performed on the pitch. Grealish only performs on the odd occasion.

I have absolutely no interest what professional footballers get upto in their spare time, providing they perform on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

That is the crux of it at present for me. There is no evidence, at present, that he was drunk etc or did anything wrong and this was at a time when he would have had a day off the next day.

If as part of the clubs investigation they turn up any wrong doing by Jack, other than having been at a party that got a little out of hand, then they should come down on him heavily. Let’s wait and see though as despite his previous then for now I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I also agree with others that both Collymore and Xia sticking their beaks in publically as kept a non story going way longer than it deserved. Xia especially should have waited to see what his own clubs investigation found before commenting.

Exactly. The same Xia who is quick to rubbish the media on occasions, e.g Holloway or people questioning his wealth/legitimacy, takes them at their word here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I also think it's note resting that collymore gets slatted for going public with advice to grealish but xia tweets to grealish some advice and nothing is said 

I think that is fair comment.

I actually think Collymore is in a far better place to comment for lots of reasons not least he isn't directly involved in the club.

I've largely been supporting of the Dr's activity on Twitter with the odd exception but I think these comments were ill advised even if well intentioned.

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Not sure pal, It was on the yellow ticker on SSN bout 08.30am

I would expect so until RDM states otherwise. When's the pre match presser?

Edited by Bomvilla7

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think that is fair comment.

I actually think Collymore is in a far better place to comment for lots of reasons not least he isn't directly involved in the club.

I've largely been supporting of the Dr's activity on Twitter with the odd exception but I think these comments were ill advised even if well intentioned.

I do t think he needs to do it through the media. He could have reached out in other ways.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I also think it's note resting that collymore gets slatted for going public with advice to grealish but xia tweets to grealish some advice and nothing is said 

I don't have a problem with either. But surely you can see a difference between an out of work pundit getting his name out there and the man who employs jack and owns the club he plays for. 

Â