The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Obviously he's a young lad and blah blah but...

...if I'm a professional footballer about to hit the "big time", I really wouldn't want to be "abusing" my body at all.  Be it McDonalds, boozing, smoking, whatever; I'd be playing the sport I love for a living and would be keeping myself in the best shape at all times!

...if I'm a professional footballer about to hit the "big time", I really wouldn't want to be "abusing" my body at all.  Be it McDonalds, boozing, smoking, whatever; I'd be playing the sport I love for a living and would be keeping myself in the best shape at all times!

I bet you wouldn't.

Or if you did I bet you'd be in the minority. Especially if you were on your summer holiday following and preceding a year of fitness.

the "journalism" in that is dire

we've already established that the £1,000 bottle of vodka actually costs around £350

the photo of the 2 girls clambering all over him is purposefully provocative, he looks like someone in a hip hop video, but theres no context to it

the unidentified holiday maker, and the fact that they even drop the line "told the sun" dodging blame if its found to be a bogus quote (which id bet my house on it) 

drinking from the bottle, plenty of pictures of him, why not one of that?

drinking in the middle of the day, again no context, no way of proving that right or wrong

absolute gutter press, sensationalist stories for the gullible 

I bet you wouldn't.

Or if you did I bet you'd be in the minority. Especially if you were on your summer holiday following and preceding a year of fitness.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have any McDonalds/alcohol/cigarettes, just not to excess at all.  It's a dream job, not just "any" job.

But sure, maybe I'd be in the minority.

...if I'm a professional footballer about to hit the "big time", I really wouldn't want to be "abusing" my body at all. Be it McDonalds, boozing, smoking, whatever; I'd be playing the sport I love for a living and would be keeping myself in the best shape at all times!

I bet you wouldn't.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have any McDonalds/alcohol/cigarettes, just not to excess at all. It's a dream job, not just "any" job.

But sure, maybe I'd be in the minority.

At that age I was a complete idiot and if got anywhere near a career as a footballer I would have hoped I had someone to slap me around the head if drinking Ciroc out the bottle in public!

I bet you wouldn't.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have any McDonalds/alcohol/cigarettes, just not to excess at all.  

Well that IS what you said ;)

My point was for footballers, the season represents 9 or 10 months of being in that perfect physical condition that you describe. I imagine that gets pretty tiresome for a lot of them, and it would for a lot of us if we were in that position. Yes they're paid loads and it's a dream job, but that's the reality of the situation.

And if they are on their (probably) only holiday for the whole year then they probably take that as their only opportunity to cut loose before they're back to being "fit" again for another year.

How many more times?

How many more times what? Will he be passed out on the street? Hopefully none. Will he be photographed sitting in a chair? Probably hundreds. It depends what we want to hang him for really.
  • Like 1

Just want to be clear that he has a free pass to do what he wants and to be photographed being pissed without the fan base complaining

Some of the comments after the comatose street photo seemed to suggest that "well hes letting his hair down what do you expect but its a one off" ,  now we have another example I expected some fans to be more critical coming as soon as it did after that other incident.  Just checking that there is no criticism of him again.

• Like 1

The discussion has already become too polarised to be constructive.  For example you are saying there that "now we have another example".  No we don't.  For me the 2nd photo is not an example of anything.  It is literally a still of a person sitting in a chair pointing and talking or shouting to someone out of frame.  If you're suggesting that this is another example of something he shouldn't be doing, then the guy hasn't a hope.

Just want to be clear that he has a free pass to do what he wants and to be photographed being pissed without the fan base complaining

Some of the comments after the comatose street photo seemed to suggest that "well hes letting his hair down what do you expect but its a one off" ,  now we have another example I expected some fans to be more critical coming as soon as it did after that other incident.  Just checking that there is no criticism of him again.

I thought this photo was taken a few days BEFORE his little rest on the pavement.

How many more times?

How many more times what? Will he be passed out on the street? Hopefully none. Will he be photographed sitting in a chair? Probably hundreds. It depends what we want to hang him for really.

How many more times will he be photographed with carrots is the real question. How many more times Jack?

1414329484108_wps_5_BIRMINGHAM_ENGLAND_O

• Like 3

The discussion has already become too polarised to be constructive.  For example you are saying there that "now we have another example".  No we don't.  For me the 2nd photo is not an example of anything.  It is literally a still of a person sitting in a chair pointing and talking or shouting to someone out of frame.  If you're suggesting that this is another example of something he shouldn't be doing, then the guy hasn't a hope.

With a bottle of vodka in his hand

To be honest I think if this was someone not "favoured",  a player we didnt rate such as Nzogbia,  the fan reaction would be different.

• Like 1

Some of the comments after the comatose street photo seemed to suggest that "well hes letting his hair down what do you expect but its a one off" , now we have another example I expected some fans to be more critical coming as soon as it did after that other incident. Just checking that there is no criticism of him again.

I thought this photo was taken a few days BEFORE his little rest on the pavement.

He probably should've stopped for a glass of water or something in between.

To be honest I think if this was someone not "favoured", a player we didnt rate such as Nzogbia, the fan reaction would be different.

At the very start of the discussion I said that wouldn't be the case because I like to think I'm discussing what's happening rather than who's doing it.  Maybe others are giving him leeway because of who he is but I can't speak for them.  I also will not defend Grealish indefinitely.  I'm not advocating the original photo as a way of life or as your typical Saturday night out.  I have said that the original photo was a 'getting it out of his system' type of thing that a 19 year old might do in Spain and that as long as he learns from it and it doesn't become commonplace then I can understand it.  But what's happening now to me seems a little unfair on the lad and I feel if people are going to lambast him over that second photo then as I say he hasn't a hope.

3rnvk6.jpg

How many more times will he be photographed with carrots is the real question. How many more times Jack?

1414329484108_wps_5_BIRMINGHAM_ENGLAND_O

They've since been turned into a rather potent blend of poitín.

The fact this continues is why some of us thought the initial picture was a big deal and not just lads being lads. Without that initial PIC then no one cares about Grealish this summer. Now he's going to find himself under pressure from the media, which I'm sure the club won't be happy with and on nights out instead of relaxing he's going to have to think about what type of picture may end up being used against him.

One very stupid moment has now created a pretty shit situation for a young lad trying to start their career.

Â