The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 days later and some are still arguing whether he dived or not, only on vt!

Yeah, well, we haven't arrived at the answer yet, mkay?

I should correct this by saying that Stevo985 and one or two others haven't arrived at the answer yet, whilst the rest of us, quite sensibly, have. So if, like me, you're looking to apportion blame, then that's where to apportion it and the accompanying shame and disgrace.

Probably highlights why the powers above aren't keen to cite people for diving post game. There's a few obvious dives but most are contentious to a certain extent.

Any debate about whether he dived is ridiculous. Jumping to adjust his position and Lescott catches his left foot whilst he's in mid air anyway.

Bu tthe only reason Lescott "catches" Grealish, is because Grealish kicks him to ensure there's contact.

Clever really. Just not subtle enough.

Anyone remember the "foul" that Suarez drew out of Guzan for a penalty?  There were very few dissenting voices from the la la land of media punditry around that one being given because there was contact.  It seems that Villa players are judged on harsher terms.  Bloody Gerrard got a penalty once for having to avoid a challenge against Sheffield United because it caused him to lose his balance.  There was no contact there at all.  Grealish in trying to avoid being badly fouled managed to only get clipped and impeded only slightly.  It is none the less a foul and certainly not a dive.

Here, here!

Gareth Bale vs Guzan... THAT was a dive

Jay 'Thundercunt' Rodriguez vs us.... THAT was a dive

Ashley Young vs us.... Once again... Dive!

Grealish didn't dive...

Bale vs Guzan, .

In all those situations there WAS contact,

bale-dive.gif

:blink:  :D

Oops, I was remembering a different Bale dive!

Point still stands on the other ones though. It seems strange to criticise the Suarez dive, for example, and then use that to somehow defend the Grealish dive. Both very similar imo. There WAS contact on both, but it was contact initiated by the "victim" (for want of a better word) and not enough to be a foul.

Contact does not equal foul.

Also, that Bale gif is a perfect example of the ambiguity behind this "diving out of the way" bollocks.

It's pretty obvious from that clip that Bale thought he was going to get clattered. But does that make what he's done there ok?

Imo that's a horrendous dive. You can't justify that because he thought he might get a kick.

Edited by Stevo985

I'm not 100% sure that is a dive myself.

Sure it is in the literal sense, but does he intend to con the ref? I'm not so sure. I don't remember the afters though.

It's a dive.

And a ludicrous one at that.

Yeah, well, we haven't arrived at the answer yet, mkay?

No, but whatever the debate on this thread it doesn't stop someone roughly every 10 posts posting some withering - beard scratching guff like 'oh i don't really see what all the fuss about with Grealish, he's clearly not that good.' Forgetting that even Yoda had doubts about Luke.

Â