The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'll be f**ked off if he doesn't go straight into the first team squad this season.

If Lambert puts him out on loan or sticks him in the reserves for more 'development' this season then i hope he runs his contract down this year and signs for the queue of clubs who'll be after him.

Strange post!

I'll be f**ked off if he doesn't go straight into the first team squad this season.

If Lambert puts him out on loan or sticks him in the reserves for more 'development' this season then i hope he runs his contract down this year and signs for the queue of clubs who'll be after him.

He's 18 years of age with limited experience, there's plenty of time...

Incidentally how many other 18 year olds are playing regularly in the PL?

Well i'd say somewhere close to 75% of 18 year olds at prem clubs never play a full prem game in their career so there's not gonna be many is there by pure logic.

1) The most important thing IMO is to sort out Jack's long term future and offer him a new contract.

2) Include him with the first team for the whole of the preseason to assess how he handles the matches and increased fitness levels.

3) If he comes out of it well, keep with the first team and give him opportunities in matches, especially the Carling Cup etc.

4) If he could do with a little extra experience, loan him to a Championship team until the New Year - last season was excellent for Grealish in terms of experience so a few extra months a league higher wouldn't go amiss.

5) Assess him in New Year and give him opportunites in matches, especially Cup games.

This lad appears to be a special talent but lets not heap too much hope/pressure on his shoulders and rush him into first team activities that could leave him burnt out and done in before too long - he has bags of time ahead of him so the important thing is his immediate contract.

• Like 1

1) The most important thing IMO is to sort out Jack's long term future and offer him a new contract.

2) Include him with the first team for the whole of the preseason to assess how he handles the matches and increased fitness levels.

3) If he comes out of it well, keep with the first team and give him opportunities in matches, especially the Carling Cup etc.

4) If he could do with a little extra experience, loan him to a Championship team until the New Year - last season was excellent for Grealish in terms of experience so a few extra months a league higher wouldn't go amiss.

5) Assess him in New Year and give him opportunites in matches, especially Cup games.

This lad appears to be a special talent but lets not heap too much hope/pressure on his shoulders and rush him into first team activities that could leave him burnt out and done in before too long - he has bags of time ahead of him so the important thing is his immediate contract.

Lots of numbered bullet points in your posts today BoyAngel.

Lots of numbered bullet points in your posts today BoyAngel.

a) I hadn't noticed but I take your word for it

b ) Is there an issue with numbered bullet points I should be aware of?

;)

Edited by theboyangel

Watching a lot of recorded games involving Notts County recently for work and Grealish comfortably best player technically in all games I've watched - including a 5-1 defeat to Orient where he was still stand-out player.

Sign him up.

walk before you can run for me

whats he going to do look at playing for our U21s and say what a load of bollocks im off to sign for spurs? because as hyped as we all are about him the reality is he wont be in many prem starting 11s come august

im sure he'll be in 2 or 3 of the pre season squads and hopefully start a few too, push on from there

• Like 1

Playing for the u21 tonight. Is that really going to encourage him to sign a new deal.

I really do feel we're messing this one up.

I agree, i’m a professional football coach and see him train and play every day and know exactly what is right for him.

I also play football manager.

So are Robinson and Johnson, nothing wrong with the younger players playing a few extra preseason games.

No, no, no, no.

No way.

An U21 footballer playing in an U21 game, no it shouldn't happen and wouldn't happen at any other club.

It is absolutely absurd.

swiped from H&V Grealish thread, sincerely hope this isn't true as it doesn't bode well if it is

I saw him smashed off his face at 4 in the morning the saturday before pre season started. Must have been a big session on the monday morning to sweat it out!

swiped from H&V Grealish thread, sincerely hope this isn't true as it doesn't bode well if it is

I saw him smashed off his face at 4 in the morning the saturday before pre season started. Must have been a big session on the monday morning to sweat it out!

Doesn't bode well for what? It was the last day of his holiday.

Some interesting responses. Not sure anyone said Lambert out or that we play FM.

I'm not sure how good grealish is but at the end of the day we've reached a point where he only has 12 months left on his existing deal. He may not be ready right now but unfortunately we've put ourselves in a position where we can't tell jack to be patient. His brother has told us that agents are contacting them on a daily basis.

I think given our current troubles it would be a big mistake to lose a potentially excellent player for nothing.

Apologies if thinking we should be doing more to get grealish to sign means I somehow want the manager gone or play a lot of football manager.

Â