The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

A Spurs supporting friend sent me this from one of their forums:

“Villa have a young teenage lad that apparently every agent in the land is trying to get their hands on, but his old man is having none of it. Very, very special was the verdict from them all, and apparently miles ahead of his age group(and not just in this country).”

No idea who they mean.

Kevan?

He is completely right, we have loads of agents ringing the phone. But they want to take 5% signing on fee and 5% wages every week plus more for e.g sponsorships etc.

My dad has done a lot of hard work up and down the country bringing jack to matches and sorting him out even before he was 6. Why should an agent come on the scene and get that money when my dad has been doing a lot of the hard work in the past.

My dad did jacks last contract and we will see what villa offer jack and might do this one aswell. If not then we will get an agent in to do it. I didnt know it was much of a surprise to see agents up and down the country chasing jack... My dads all for an agent now I think. Just picking the right one I suppose.

I say this to football players every day.  Just make sure you have a good lawyer on hand to look at the contract and just pay them a fee.  Also I would suggest once Jack signs his new deal that he gets a good accountant and financial advisor from firms with a solid reputation. You want the best people around you that are looking after your best interests not just people who will be there for the good times but not when you need them most.

• Like 4

I say this to football players every day.  Just make sure you have a good lawyer on hand to look at the contract and just pay them a fee.  Also I would suggest once Jack signs his new deal that he gets a good accountant and financial advisor from firms with a solid reputation. You want the best people around you that are looking after your best interests not just people who will be there for the good times but not when you need them most.

Agree with this. Do what you do best and get others in to deal with the rest. Take time over the right choice though as there are definitely some serious sharks out there. Speak to other professinals who have been there, done it and not pi55ed their money up the wall or lost it through dodgy tax schemes or investments.

Agree with this. Do what you do best and get others in to deal with the rest. Take time over the right choice though as there are definitely some serious sharks out there. Speak to other professinals who have been there, done it and not pi55ed their money up the wall or lost it through dodgy tax schemes or investments.

I am currently dealing with many players who have been on the end of such schemes.  Big big name players.  2/5 footballers go bankrupt within 5 years of leaving the game.

Yeah but most players dont use them. James Milner is their biggest client.  I could spend a an age talking about the PFA and my experiences of them and what they have done for some of the players I work with and have worked with.

Yeah but most players dont use them. James Milner is their biggest client.  I could spend a an age talking about the PFA and my experiences of them and what they have done for some of the players I work with and have worked with.

Good things or bad?

I personally think I would go with the PFA, rightly or wrongly out of trust... but I think there is the belief that they wouldn't necessarily get you the best deal?

Yeah but most players dont use them. James Milner is their biggest client. I could spend a an age talking about the PFA and my experiences of them and what they have done for some of the players I work with and have worked with.

Omariqy, do you mind me asking what profession you are in? Your line of work sounds interesting being involved in deals and transactions like this

Edited by VERB27

Riise I remember got screwed heavily over by a lawyer. Was almost broke a couple of years ago. He was naive from the get go but it's still pretty disgusting. Lost in the court and everything, nothing you can do.

Yeah but most players dont use them. James Milner is their biggest client. I could spend a an age talking about the PFA and my experiences of them and what they have done for some of the players I work with and have worked with.

Omariqy, do you mind me asking what profession you are in? Your line of work sounds interesting being involved in deals and transactions like this

http://www.broadstonesport.co.uk/home.aspx/Home

The website is not live yet but will be within a few weeks along with some testimonials/blogs from some of the players I work with across all sports.  Hopefully that link works!

• Like 1

Interesting thoughts ill bare it in mind. Yeah ive met many agents and they're all good guys. Its just trusting them I suppose. Then you really see if they are. I think its very likely we'll get one in soon.

But yeah kinda an annoying subject considering they say they're all in it for the player when in reality they do see the money signs on a promosing youngster.

But in regards to the contract, jacks been on holiday and no discussions have been made. For all we know Jack could start the season without an offer. Im afraid I wont be around to tell you if thats the case as he's with the first team straight away next season.

Interesting thoughts ill bare it in mind. Yeah ive met many agents and they're all good guys. Its just trusting them I suppose. Then you really see if they are. I think its very likely we'll get one in soon.

But yeah kinda an annoying subject considering they say they're all in it for the player when in reality they do see the money signs on a promosing youngster.

But in regards to the contract, jacks been on holiday and no discussions have been made. For all we know Jack could start the season without an offer. Im afraid I wont be around to tell you if thats the case as he's with the first team straight away next season.

Keep posting Kev, just make it clear you won't give any info. You're still a villa fan after all so entitled to an opinion on other matters

• Like 1

It's very worrying that we aren't making much of an effort towards one of our most promising youth prospects in years when he has 12 months left on his deal.

I appreciate Lerner wants to sell the club but surely these are the kind of deals we should be putting a lot of effort into.

I'd rather get grealish signed up that sign senderos or Cole. We seem to have our priorities all messed up at the moment.

No long term thinking just short term thinking while we're waiting to be sold.

Keep posting Kev, just make it clear you won't give any info. You're still a villa fan after all so entitled to an opinion on other matters

Aha nice to know mate. Nah I definitely have to, would be getting a lot of stick as a brother of a first teamer I think, goes for any club. I was going to quit after his first debut match but tbf I can't keep away ! ;)

You could always post under an alias.  :ph34r:

Has Jack hinted anything about First Team action next season Kevan

Does Lambert think he's ready?

I think most villa fans think he is and i'm sure Roy Keane will want to give him prem experience next season for the good of his international career as well

Edited by AshVilla

Â