The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Great stuff. Has his loan not been extended yet?

Jacks said he wants to stay, im not sure if its due to villa delaying it or notts county delaying it but I cant see whats taking so long. I think its villa because notta had planned to sign him up a few days aho but as ncfc twitter page said the paperwork wasnt in order. Would be very silly for jack to go back to playing 21s IMO

Great stuff. Has his loan not been extended yet?

Jacks said he wants to stay, im not sure if its due to villa delaying it or notts county delaying it but I cant see whats taking so long. I think its villa because notta had planned to sign him up a few days aho but as ncfc twitter page said the paperwork wasnt in order. Would be very silly for jack to go back to playing 21s IMO

I doubt that would be the case after Lambert's remarks about the need for loaning these young lads out, maybe Villa have had interest from some other clubs. Or maybe Lambert has other plans ;)

Edited by samjp26

Those quotes from Shaun Derry are very encourage.

“Jack has to go back to Villa on Monday to discuss his short term future, but long term he’ll be playing for Aston Villa, that’s for sure,” said Derry after the game, who is clearly a huge fan of the youngster. 

“He’s got numerous options but next season Jack’s got the ability to play for Villa and let’s hope here at Notts County we can help him on his way."

Is there any chance he is being bought back to Villa to play a part in the first team for the rest of the season? We could do with someone with Jack's technique and skill in the team. Lets be honest now, he'd be a better option than Tonev!

Edited by VillaRoy

If I were Jack I'd stay at Notts and finish what he's helped to start with Derry, a County revival.

I agree, although I wouldn't be against him going to a Championship team that aren't doing too well. I think it is vital that he is in a battle as such, not at a team who are coasting - it means by performing well he'll get his name on the team sheet very often and it also means he'll get to embrace what his Aston Villa future will be like :D

Staying at County would be good as he has obviously made a mark there now and he is settled, in fact I think he will stay there - unless Lambert wants him in the first team.

Interesting.

Notts County Walsall is in two weeks so given I watch Walsall 4-5 times a season and went to Tranmere to watch them today, it would be a good one to see Grealish up against their brand of total football.

But a) he might not be there and B) the total rip off of Notts charging 24 quid for Walsall fans (I trust Kevan gets his ticket for free ;)) are kinda putting me off.

Is it possible that, being as we haven't bought anybody to fill this number 10 role that Lambert clearly wants, we could play him on Monday against Arsenal? Maybe even one or two games after that, before sending him back out on loan?

I don't know if that is actually possible, as in is it within the rules of the game? 

Edited by samjp26

Lambert wouldn't bring him back unless he's gonna play him.  It would be pretty disruptive to send him to another team, say in the Championship.

Pretty sure it'll be extended.

But if there was an agreement in place, why would we have put a stop to it and asked him to come back on Monday? Bit odd.

If he comes back then I really hope he gets played, would probably do a better job than most of our other midfielders.

No disrespect to young Jack, but if our only hope of passing the ball forward is an 18 year old lad, then god help us and him too. Too much pressure.

If he comes back then I really hope he gets played, would probably do a better job than most of our other midfielders.

No disrespect to young Jack, but if our only hope of passing the ball forward is an 18 year old lad, then god help us and him too. Too much pressure.

Januzaj seems to being doing that for United.  ;)

Â