The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I'd take Grealish over Tonev any day. Everytime I've seen Tonev he's been utter piss, and a disgrace to our great club. Selfish, terrible player who shoots everytime he gets the ball, but ironically can't shoot anyway.

If Grealish can't offer more than what Tonev is at the moment, then he has no talent whatsoever (which he does)

Tonev has yet to find his feet but he is of a completely different standard - 5 years older, 100+ first team apperances and 15 full international caps

He really isn't...

So an 18 year old kid whose yet to set foot on a PL pitch is the same standard  as 23 year old with 15 full internationals under his belt.....er ok!!

I'm sorry but your argument is basically that he is better purely because he is older and has more experience which is ridiculous really.

Why does us having a great young player have to turn into slagging off one of our current first team squad? It's pathetic.

I'm not sure if my comment was included in this remark but I was saying it as a compliment to Grealish rather then a put-down of Tonev. I think they can both become good players.

Tonev has yet to find his feet but he is of a completely different standard - 5 years older, 100+ first team apperances and 15 full international caps

He really isn't...

So an 18 year old kid whose yet to set foot on a PL pitch is the same standard  as 23 year old with 15 full internationals under his belt.....er ok!!

I'm sorry but your argument is basically that he is better purely because he is older and has more experience which is ridiculous really.

That's exactly my argument!!!!!!

It's got nothing to do with who will become a better player in time! It is in response to your comment that Lambert should replace Tonev with Grealish now

I'd take Grealish over Tonev any day. Everytime I've seen Tonev he's been utter piss, and a disgrace to our great club. Selfish, terrible player who shoots everytime he gets the ball, but ironically can't shoot anyway.

If Grealish can't offer more than what Tonev is at the moment, then he has no talent whatsoever (which he does)

????

Scored their firstn, just hit the post and just assisted notts 4th goal.

Let the football do the talking.

So you think he is ready for the first team now?

No-one is saying that he is not a great prospect, just that he is on a journey and that needs to be carefully managed

No-one is saying that he is not a great prospect, just that he is on a journey and that needs to be carefully managed

I agree, but I think Kevan was speaking more as a brother than a fan in this instance.  :)

• Like 2

I wont give my opinion on where I think jack should be. I just hope he gets a chance. Lambert will decide when its up to jack to prove it to him.

But if people want an opinion then let them. It doesnt bother me in the slightest.

We've got a great prospect on our hands. I've seen dozens of his games for the junior sides and I've also seen him play for NC.  Nothing would make me happier than for him to make his debut and go on to a successful career in Claret and Blue.  In my opinion, solely based on watching and playing in tens of thousands of games, I would think that he is six to nine months away from being ready. I'm also of the opinion that if you blood youngsters too early it can have a detrimental effect

If others think he is ready now, they're wrong but that is their opinion. My problem is with people who use this thread to as a vehicle to slag off other players (Tonev - a disgrace to our great club apparently)

We've got a great prospect on our hands. I've seen dozens of his games for the junior sides and I've also seen him play for NC.  Nothing would make me happier than for him to make his debut and go on to a successful career in Claret and Blue.  In my opinion, solely based on watching and playing in tens of thousands of games, I would think that he is six to nine months away from being ready. I'm also of the opinion that if you blood youngsters too early it can have a detrimental effect

If others think he is ready now, they're wrong but that is their opinion. My problem is with people who use this thread to as a vehicle to slag off other players (Tonev - a disgrace to our great club apparently)

Again I agree.

I think a lot of people attach a certain mystique and hope to the unknown.  Younger players like Grealish and Curruthers for instance are touted as immediate replacements for the likes of Tonev and Weimann despite having seen very little of them.  Not to say they won't be fantastic players, but the staff that see them on a regular basis say they're not ready for the PL just yet.

Same goes for benched players like Sylla.  When he's on the bench he's a world beater that should be taking KEA's place. I also understand that Helenius is world class whilst an surely must be a better option than Kozak.  ;)

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

I think he could be involved with the first team squad from next season if he does well pre season.

I'd consider loaning him out to a bottom end championship club if the opportunity arises in January.

Generally two loans away and the player should be ready for first time contention or not, Gabby was on loan at Watford and Sheff Weds and Barkley was also on loan at Sheff Weds and Leeds last season as two examples.

Â