The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Well Jack looked by far Notts County best player but is so skillful and forward thinking dont think his own players are up to speed,you can tell he has class but not for a couple of years.Hes has pace and great skill gave Vale alot of trouble,1 thing was disappointed in was 2 or 3 dives and rolling like a foreign player but he's young and will get out of all that nonsense.

All in all he definetly is 1 for Villa's future just not yet.

He tweeted hes getting kicked a lot. I think he is predicting when hes going to get hit and go down, not that I have seen him but with yours and his comments im putting two and two together.

Might help if he wore shin pads though, really dont understand why he doesn't wear them they can only help.

Well Jack looked by far Notts County best player but is so skillful and forward thinking dont think his own players are up to speed,you can tell he has class but not for a couple of years.Hes has pace and great skill gave Vale alot of trouble,1 thing was disappointed in was 2 or 3 dives and rolling like a foreign player but he's young and will get out of all that nonsense.

All in all he definetly is 1 for Villa's future just not yet.

He tweeted hes getting kicked a lot. I think he is predicting when hes going to get hit and go down, not that I have seen him but with yours and his comments im putting two and two together.

Might help if he wore shin pads though, really dont understand why he doesn't wear them they can only help.

I think its clearly obvious jack is a type of player that draws fouls. Thats the way he plays games. Honestly though, hes been brought back to birmingham with cuts all over and was nearly taken off. He wanted to play on despite going off to the sidelines. But everyones entitled to their own opinion.

He is very clever and moves the ball on as late as possible which forces defenders to commit, it also means that he gets his share of kicks. Add to that he is 18 and his style of play (and lack of shin pads) is a magnet for league one cloggers to put him on his backside!

He's the same age as Luke Shaw and year younger than James Ward-Prowse, who both have played a prominent role in Southampton's season so far.. Why can't we introduce our younger players into the first team at an earlier age, like Southampton instead of sending them out on loan to play at a much lower level?

I think he should be given a shot.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

In 2011/12 we recalled Gary Gardner early from his loan spell at Coventry by popular demand. He went into a struggling team....and wasn't amazing.

I'd rather leave Jack on loan for this season but certainly next season he should be in our 18.

Not amazing but certainly wasn't out of his depth either.

O.K but go to his thread and back to that period and plenty were commenting on what exactly the fuss was about.

It's not easy throwing a young kid into a poor team that creates little, I'd rather keep him out of this and continue his football education away and bring him back for hopefully a stable pre season.

On the other hand, I'd give Carruthers a chance when he comes back.

Carruther has been in and around the 18 for about 2 years now, he made his debut in April 2012 so I doubt you'd argue it's more make or break for him otherwise he'll get to 22 and still not be playing and will probably be released or sold for a small fee.

Grealish's time will come as long as he keeps focused, I am just uncomfortable with people thinking he'll be a saviour if we throw him into the prem right now.

He's allowed to play without shin guards? Thought there was a rule players had to wear them.

Not seen him enough to have too much of an opinion, but can't see him doing any worse than the 1st team right now.

Nah mate think he just wears 'em proper low.

IrGRoXSo.jpeg

Why does he do it by the way Kev? Think it looks quite cool though personally.

Carruther has been in and around the 18 for about 2 years now, he made his debut in April 2012 so I doubt you'd argue it's more make or break for him otherwise he'll get to 22 and still not be playing and will probably be released or sold for a small fee.

Grealish's time will come as long as he keeps focused, I am just uncomfortable with people thinking he'll be a saviour if we throw him into the prem right now.

Yes he made his debut in 2012 but after a couple of sub appearences under McLeish he didn't play at all last season. In terms of actual appearences in senior football, he doesn't have any more then Grealish. So you are making it solely about his age.

Also, I don't think anybody has said they think Grealish will be 'the saviour' if he is promoted. As AVFCForever1991 says above, he would offer a suitable alternative to to the insipid attackers we currently have.

Im not trying to critize him 1 bit im just saying dont think he would be ready for the Prem this year or next he got very easily pushed off the ball by lets face it very average League 1 players.I would add he did get kicked alot but twice during the game he had a very very slight touch went down as if he was in real agony and within 20secs had the ball back.

He really is too good for League 1 and 100% expect him to play for Villa in the future just not soon.

Im not trying to critize him 1 bit im just saying dont think he would be ready for the Prem this year or next he got very easily pushed off the ball by lets face it very average League 1 players.I would add he did get kicked alot but twice during the game he had a very very slight touch went down as if he was in real agony and within 20secs had the ball back.

Hahahahaha ridiculous statement by a person who has just joined... hmmm so thats not obvious.

Â