The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

No. Not for me.

Me too

If he stays, he’ll end up with a statue at villa park.  He will see that every time he goes to villa park for the rest of his life.

The statue will live on another 500 years.

No one will give 2 shits how many medals he won with City in 10 years time.

• Like 2

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Been wondering that myself, unless they think Kane would just cost them to much money compared to Jack. Probably after both most likely though, going to cost them a good £200 million plus. 

I think it would be closer to 250-300m.  If all goes pear shaped, which I dont think it will, I still dont understand why we would accept 100m.  It's a shed load of money but the commercial value we'd lose would be comparable so makes no sense, if City really wanted him then it would be much more than 100m and Spurs seem the same with Kane with 160m numbers floating about.

It just doesnt make sense when they are so much in need of a striker that they would choose Grealish over Kane.  Kane desperately wants to leave Spurs.  I dont think City can afford both.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Raised 50 million in player sales already, with another 30-40 million in the pipeline.  Also received 11 million in the sell on clause from Sancho.

Plus £120m in dodgy sponsorships from Abu Dhabi based ‘unrelated’ companies.

Just now, Thug said:

Me too

If he stays, he’ll end up with a statue at villa park.  He will see that every time he goes to villa park for the rest of his life.

The statue will live on another 500 years.

No one will give 2 shits how many medals he won with City in 10 years time.

Indeed, I do not understand those who will see him as a legend if he goes. He will have left the story part the way through. When the trajectory is upward. With owners that do not want or need to sell. To a domestic rival, with a unsavoury history with Villa. Without winning anything of note for Villa. At the first real test of loyalty. 

Now if he stays, that is a different story...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Legend for giving us 2 seasons of Prem football at getting us 11th. Getting into England squad and then leaving. Nah he's no legend, just one of many great players we've had if he goes now while we're on the up. 

In terms of Villa I see it as neutral for the success of the club if we get 100m for him vs him staying. Both are different paths both have a big upside over next few seasons

Exactly, we ain’t SHA that are about to retire his shirt after a few seasons.

If he goes, he’ll be a brilliant player that moved on.  No more a legend than Platt or Yorke.

Id thank him for his contribution, wish him the best and have no ill feelings at all towards him.

But no way would he be a legend.  That’s the price he pays for leaving.

Just like I wasn’t going to be convinced by twitter talk about Jack, I won’t be reading too much into twitter talk about Kane. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Gentlemen's agreements sound all very noble, but if you don't have it on paper in what is a multi million pound business environment, you're a bit of a mug. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

Â