The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

That's Jack out of the next few squads then... the audacity to stand-up to the PE teacher in public.

was he ever really in it?only popular opinion, got him in....Totally under used and under appreciated and under played when he did get in.

just about every team in the competition that we faced was relieved when Jack wasn't playing, what does that tell you?

I won't be surprised if GS goes after this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How has he made Southgate look a tit in any way? Southgate already said it was his decision ffs.

The only people he's made look a tit are the clowns who make assumptions based on absolutely nothing, such as Roy Keane.

Southgate looks a tit regardless. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Exactly this, spot on. England have just blown their best chance to win a major tournament, and most ppl this morning seem to be frothing at the mouth over who they think hasn’t got the cajones to take a penalty! Southgate tried to defend a 1-0 lead from the 2nd minute, and in doing so conceded every advantage and the initiative to Italy. He then subbed off an England captain and senior pro (champions league and premier league winner) and decided to leave the pressure situation to a raw 19yr old. People have lost sight over Southgates England, lost sight of the reality of how the games were actually won or lost, the performances. Croatia was a grind, acceptable because we didn’t look like conceding to what proved to be an ageing, past its best team. The Scotland game was abysmal and England could easily have lost that, never looked like winning. The Czech game was very similar to the Croatia game, but with the Czechs safe in the knowledge that they were through to KO stage regardless of result. The Germany game, England ended up fortunate. Fortunate that a German striker who would normally slot in the chance he had 99/100. Ukraine were a dreadful team, but at least England were encouraged enough to keep their foot on the gas and keep on the front foot, though it should be mentioned that we again encouraged them for the last 20mins of 1st half before the early 2nd half Maguire header that killed it for the Ukrainians. Denmark were the better team for an hour, but with them looking tired going into the last quarter of the game Southgate didn’t make the changes that could, perhaps should, have resulted in England not needing extra time to go through. And in extra time Denmark pretty much played with 9 men, and still we needed a dodgy penalty award to get us through. Then we have last night, the final. Apart from the opening 2mins England never looked like scoring, let alone winning. They gave Jorginho the freedom of midfield, barely getting close to him. He duly pretty much dictated play from there. Southgate just repeated the Croatia semifinal of 2018, and he’ll continue to do so if allowed. He’s not good enough. Wasn’t good enough for Middlesbrough ffs. He’s done OK transitioning from a very low point (Hodgson and then the Allydyce debacle), but England now need to get a next level manager in. I’ll tell you now that Dean Smith is twice the manager of Southgate, and if he has another step forward in terms of Villa’s league performance then I’d suggest he’ll be a front runner if people in charge want another Englishman for the top job. England would have won this tournament if Dean had been in charge of that group of players. You certainly wouldn’t have had to see the folly of England crowds getting excited at seeing pictures of a substitute (Grealish) warming up. 
End of rant. 

virgins meme GIF by Death From Above 1979

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jack can't just take his shit for him, Southgate should have come out with it before him, no way should Jack stay quite.

Who said he should?! I was delighted Jack came out to shut the idiots up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Comparing apples and pears perhaps but I wasn’t really comparing us to the also ran teams. Given our resources we have massively under performed over the last 55 years. 

Off the pitch I can’t think of another major organisation that handled a huge infrastructure project so badly that it became a national embarrassment. Years late and millions over budget. They changed the spec every day. Stuff like gold taps in the executive lounge etc. Ridiculous. The whole England Supporters Membership ticketing that gave the game to corporate entities instead of fans. The whole thing is a farce. 

St. George’s gives hope that at least we’ve go something in place as far as a training facility and plan goes. Whether it’s effective or not? Your guess is as good as mine. 

A few years ago France, Germany, Italy etc had about three or four times more qualified coaches than we had. I’d like to think that has changed significantly  now but I’m not holding my breath. 

Crossrail is waiving frantically at you right now. 

jenna fischer raise hand GIF

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

was he ever really in it?only popular opinion, got him in....Totally under used and under appreciated and under played when he did get in.

just about every team in the competition that we faced was relieved when Jack wasn't playing, what does that tell you?

I won't be surprised if GS goes after this.

He won’t go. The FA are scared of making any sort of decision. They’ll stick with him because they’re comfortable with mediocrity. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Crossrail is waiving frantically at you right now. 

jenna fischer raise hand GIF

I guess there are other similarly useless organisations. I’m not sure that makes me feel any better though Sid. 

Since coming on and changing the game v Germany:

- Ukraine, left on the bench

- Denmark, 36 mins (and subbed off)

- Italy 20 mins (and snubbed for taking a penalty, 8th choice)

Just stick him on when you need your arse saving after your shit shit negative football has failed to create anything.. Fans and media then feed into with this supersub bollocks just cos of a few wins against shite opposition. It still blows my mind that he never got called up to that squad last August - writing was on the wall since then.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 4

Grealish is well within his rights to defend himself. He owes Southgate nothing.

And as for Keane, the big `I am', talking rubbish about what he would have done. No one overrules the manager, not even Roy Keane.

A shame his co-panellists are too scared of him to disagree with him.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He won’t go. The FA are scared of making any sort of decision. They’ll stick with him because they’re comfortable with mediocrity. 

I don't think he'll get sacked Dave.....I think he will walk.

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Grealish is well within his rights to defend himself. He owes Southgate nothing.

And as for Keane, the big `I am', talking rubbish about what he would have done. No one overrules the manager, not even Roy Keane.

A shame his co-panellists are too scared of him to disagree with him.

In hindsight, I am disappointed in Keane's remarks, it was misleading....and then his shadow Gary Neville joins in.

Fair play to Jack.  His tweet is in every news source with a headline.  He's certainly got his point across.

And Keane is such a nob.  No one is ever going to argue with the manager and take the ball off another player.  It would be unheard of.  Keane is just another stir it up merchant purely on there to say something controversial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â