The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Gotta love this forum....

10 pages ago - we love you Jack, don’t go, we need yiu

Now - **** off Jack, you disloyal snake, can’t believe you’d treat us like that, hate you, hope you fail  

😂😂...tongue in cheek obvs but...ya know. 

Depends whether he stay or goes. Football, like life, is emotion. Get over it. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 11:17, The_Steve said:

TalkShite are now saying City ‘hope’ to sign him. Exactly what the Sun said. It’s embarrassing. 

Nowhere near embarrassing as some of the wet blankets on here. Such a bunch of defeatists. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 25/06/2021 at 11:17, The_Steve said:

TalkShite are now saying City ‘hope’ to sign him. Exactly what the Sun said. It’s embarrassing. 

Portland Timbers GIF by ROOT SPORTS

Edited by sidcow

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I've made two brilliant points and I can't believe they aren't music to everyone's ears...

Over the last two days the only thing we've learned is that we're in talks with Grealish over a new contract, we already knew that others would be interested in him.

Man City's previous transfer record is £60m, they're unlikely to double that in order to buy Grealish, they can be as seriously interested all they like but they won't get him if they don't pay what we'd want, and Grealish is unlikely to go on strike or anything like that so we won't be forced to accept a low offer.

Why are you (and most people) believing the press reports that we've offered him a new contract, but not believing the press reports that £100m will likely be enough to get him?

Because the press reports that we've offered him a new contract have come from reliable sources, John Percy being one, and no one has reported that £100m will be enough to get him, just that that's the figure that Man City are likely to offer and those that initially reported that figure are places like The Sun, Talksport and the Daily Mail, hardly reliable sources.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

If Grealish stays with us his entire career, he will be a proper legend in my eyes.

If he leaves us, I will follow his career with mild interest, as I have done with Young, Milner and other great players we have had at the club from further back.

I am more interested in seeing what our owners can do with the club, with or without Grealish.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, eholm said:

Now - **** off Jack, you disloyal snake, can’t believe you’d treat us like that, hate you, hope you fail  

Wasn't following - did anything happen between these 10 pages? 

15 minutes ago, eholm said:

Sheet GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Because the press reports that we've offered him a new contract have come from reliable sources, John Percy being one, and no one has reported that £100m will be enough to get him, just that that's the figure that Man City are likely to offer and those that initially reported that figure are places like The Sun, Talksport and the Daily Mail, hardly reliable sources.

Reliable journalists in The Athletic (Sam Lee and David Ornstein) and The Independent (Miguel Delaney) have been saying for weeks that we'll sell for £100m and they were written off as "paper talk guff". It categorically didn't stem from spurious reports in The Sun and Talksport. On the other hand, Rob Dorsett, who has long been (unfairly) ridiculed on here, broke the news that we've offered a contract, and it was instantly accepted! People believe what they want and are burying their heads in the sand if they think this is all just paper talk. Obviously with all that said, I hope we manage to convince Jack to stick around for at least another year

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Reliable journalists in The Athletic (Sam Lee and David Ornstein) and The Independent (Miguel Delaney) have been saying for weeks that we'll sell for £100m and they were written off as "paper talk guff". It categorically didn't stem from spurious reports in The Sun and Talksport. On the other hand, Rob Dorsett, who has long been (unfairly) ridiculed on here, broke the news that we've offered a contract, and it was instantly accepted! People believe what they want and are burying their heads in the sand if they think this is all just paper talk. Obviously with all that said, I hope we manage to convince Jack to stick around for at least another year

Ornstein has tweeted once about City making a bid and that was yesterday.

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm not talking about his tweets. I'm talking about his articles in The Athletic, which are accurate, and aren't click-incentivized

Because the Athletic never, ever dabbles in clickbait or speculation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

4 unknown quantities in this league out of 5. Big risks. Doesn't make for a better team. Ask spurs after they sold bale,.of we got those players wrong.

If Grealish goes we would somehow have to replace him. If we get it wrong back to the relegation battle we go. And again I'm not being negative, i think that's relatively realistic and honest. Taking the claret and blue specs off.

Sorry mate but I’d have to say that with a minimum of an extra £100m to spend, under our new owners and set up, to suggest that losing one player, regardless of his quality and importance to us, would make us relegation candidates isn’t remotely realistic. No matter what the tint of your specs may be. 

I’d even say that Man City will be cautious of giving us significant funds as that could negate the damage done by the loss of Jack. In the past I’d be worried we would waste the money. I don’t think we would now. 

• Like 2

Â