The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Southgate just started Mings in a major tournament. 

Have given caps to both Grealish and Watkins. Has openly stated Konsa was unlucky to miss out and is very much on the radar. 

But somehow he have it in for Aston Villa as a club? Sorry but this does not add up. 

I never once said it was a club thing.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Have given caps to both Grealish and Watkins. Has openly stated Konsa was unlucky to miss out and is very much on the radar. 

But somehow he have it in for Aston Villa as a club? Sorry but this does not add up. 

Tbf, hardly anyone is saying this. What we're saying is that he's got it in for Grealish specifically.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Nothing makes me laugh quite like 'Gareth Southgate has told Jack Grealish where he needs to improve' 😂😂

Really? Southgate has probably told him because Jack asked him where he needed to improve. If he hadn't told him then maybe that would suggested a vendetta.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/euro-2020-jack-grealish-sought-manager-gareth-southgate-advice-to-make-the-grade-with-england-9702711.html

Jack Grealish believes a heart-to-heart with England manager Gareth Southgate at the start of the season was the inspiration he needed to seal a place in the Three Lions' squad for Euro 2020.

The Aston Villa captain has shone in the Premier League this season, sparking rumours he could be set for a big money move to champions Manchester City.

Southgate had initially appeared reticent to calling up Grealish, delaying his international debut until September.

But the 25-year-old revealed he had an hour-long meeting with the England boss during that first camp to explain how to take his game to the next level.

"He's the manager of England so he's obviously going to be a brilliant coach. He's helped my game massively," Grealish said on Wednesday.

"At the start of the season I said to him 'what can I improve'. I'm not going to go into too much detail as what we spoke about, but he gave me a few things to work on to try and force my way into the team. I think it's worked, because obviously I've had seven (England) games since."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Really? Southgate has probably told him because Jack asked him where he needed to improve. If he hadn't told him then maybe that would suggested a vendetta.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/euro-2020-jack-grealish-sought-manager-gareth-southgate-advice-to-make-the-grade-with-england-9702711.html

Jack Grealish believes a heart-to-heart with England manager Gareth Southgate at the start of the season was the inspiration he needed to seal a place in the Three Lions' squad for Euro 2020.

The Aston Villa captain has shone in the Premier League this season, sparking rumours he could be set for a big money move to champions Manchester City.

Southgate had initially appeared reticent to calling up Grealish, delaying his international debut until September.

But the 25-year-old revealed he had an hour-long meeting with the England boss during that first camp to explain how to take his game to the next level.

"He's the manager of England so he's obviously going to be a brilliant coach. He's helped my game massively," Grealish said on Wednesday.

"At the start of the season I said to him 'what can I improve'. I'm not going to go into too much detail as what we spoke about, but he gave me a few things to work on to try and force my way into the team. I think it's worked, because obviously I've had seven (England) games since."

What he said was 'goals and assists' wasn't it? And when he said that he was already putting up decent numbers. I mean if Southgate is picking players on how many goals they score it's no wonder we struggle against intelligent opposition.

Edited by Tom13

Here we go, this was Southgate's not at all basic wisdom:

"When I've talked to him about the next level for his game, when he looks at the numbers that Sterling and Rashford as wide players have contributed, he's now starting to do that."

• Haha 2

Grealish is a wide playmaker, he's not going to get as many goals as Sterling and Rashford but will almost always contribute more to the team as whole, and be a lot more creative, choosing the best option for an attack much more consistently than Rashford and Sterling.

• Like 1

FWIW I think you're all wrong. ;)

There clearly was something with Southgate where he had an irrational dislike of Grealish with the bizarre comments and reluctance to play him even though it was clear it would massively improve England. Jack kept his head down, said everything Southgate wanted to hear and the charm offensive worked.

Right now, the injury is probably the biggest reason he's being held back. If he's still training separately there's good reason to agree with that strategy. It could well be that we need a fit, fresh and frustrated Jack against Portugal in the next round.

There's probably also a bit of pulling rank by Southgate because he knows how much clamour there is from everyone for Jack to play.

If I was England manager I'd be doing a lot different to Southgate right now. I'd have been building the team around Jack for the past 2 years and telling him to not care if he loses the ball or not, just do what he does for Villa and run at people. But it's not so we'll have to see how Southgate does with the most talented group of players in the tournament and the best England have had for at least 30 years, possibly ever. 

No pressure, Gareth.

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tbf, hardly anyone is saying this. What we're saying is that he's got it in for Grealish specifically.

Does he have it in for Sancho as well then considering he wasn't even on the bench?

Just now, villalad21 said:

Does he have it in for Sancho as well then considering he wasn't even on the bench?

Come on mate.

Do you think Sancho offers what Grealish does? Jesus wept.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Come on mate.

Do you think Sancho offers what Grealish does? Jesus wept.

No i don't, and i also don't think Grealish offers what Sterling and Sancho offers.

Southgate will pick the team he feels are more likely to win him the game.

Grealish will get his chance, it's up to him to grab it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Added to just reading that, he is training alone, to manage his injury ( The same one which we were told by our club, manager and player himself needed to be watched/managed ). This is surely just another part of the conspiracy by Southgate to not play him.

He has probably been sneaking into his bedroom at night and hammering at his shins incessantly with tiny needles, after drugging him unconscious, tucking in Mason Mount, and screaming  " Death to the Villa " while doing a Nazi style salute of course. 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He mentioned Matty Cash and Targett as well at one point.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm sorry but there's evidence he has an issue with Villa, and Villa fans.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-grealish-aston-villa-southgate-19265589

Is this not clearly a joke? And have people considered that he’s not your mom, he doesn’t owe you an explanation as to why he’s picking which players where and when.

For what it’s worth I want Jack to play, as a Villa supporter and an England fan, but the gnashing of teeth comes across just a wee bit needy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has probably been sneaking into his bedroom at night and hammering at his shins incessantly with tiny needles, after drugging him unconscious, tucking in Mason Mount, and doing a " Death to the Villa " Nazi style salute of course. 😂

Just further evidence

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Is this normal behaviour? It's narcissistic oddball stuff.

Because he gives the media such lovely access they all tickle his balls and don't give him any sort of hard time for this sort of shit.

If this was Sherwood or Barton or some other clown (or the player played for Utd instead of Villa) who can't play the press as well, this would be mocked so much more.

I don't want Jack changing his game to do anything he's told by this wally.

He should at least have some balls and say he doesn't like him as a player. He can't do what he wants. Nail his colours to the mast and say he prefers Lingard or Rashford as  footballers.

Why bother lying for three years? Championship football, form, goals...blah blah.

Is that video edited to bits, or is he that stupid?

Â