The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Clubs will mainly look at his assist and goal stats, and it's nothing impressive really at this level.

I think we will keep him next season

You would think scouts have more insight than the average fan, but let's hope not!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Clubs will mainly look at his assist and goal stats, and it's nothing impressive really at this level.

I think we will keep him next season

Hourihane will be off to Madrid for £120m so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The fact that he isn't playing for England is good for us. He won't lose fitness or get injured during the international breaks and he isn't in the spotlight.

It's win win for us. No idea what you lot are complaining about.

I suspect some fans think that because he isn't getting England recognition here, he may well think he has to leave to get it. Which is pretty much accurate considering Hudson-Odoi, talented as he though is, gets a start for England in a competitive game but can't even get that for Chelsea outside the Europa League and League Cup. 

For me personally, too, I want to see as many Villa players get international recognition as possible. The more international players on our books, the increased status we have in the game and it helps to attract better players. It also gives me pride seeing Villa players turn out for England, particularly if they do well. 

But equally I do see your point. If he gets injured or is tired coming back from England duty, he won't perform to his best level and that will affect us. 

In my opinion, he's unlucky not to get a call up. He's the best midfielder I have seen at Villa since Merson, more talented than Barry, Milner and Petrov I think (though not necessarily better yet). He can pass, dribble, create, score great goals, and tracks back. I'd go so far to say he's one of the best dribblers I've seen since watching Villa in the early 90s. So we simply have to go up and let him show his magic in the Prem - if we do, he'll get the call.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

If we fail in promotion this season can't we loan him to a PL club until we do or maybe a buy back clause?

That's not going to happen. If we don't go up he's gone. 

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's not going to happen. If we don't go up he's gone. 

why not? I'm thinking what a great idea, I'm wasted here as a tradesman and should be a football agent, director of football or something.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

why not? I'm thinking what a great idea, I'm wasted here as a tradesman and should be a football agent, director of football or something.

I reckon there will be a buy back clause. Wouldn’t suprise me if he went to a top 6 team and it ends up being a step too far. He then gets sold to a mid-table team.

Hopefully us.

19 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The fact that he isn't playing for England is good for us. He won't lose fitness or get injured during the international breaks and he isn't in the spotlight.

It's win win for us. No idea what you lot are complaining about.

I suspect some fans think that because he isn't getting England recognition here, he may well think he has to leave to get it. Which is pretty much accurate considering Hudson-Odoi, talented as he though is, gets a start for England in a competitive game but can't even get that for Chelsea outside the Europa League and League Cup. 

For me personally, too, I want to see as many Villa players get international recognition as possible. The more international players on our books, the increased status we have in the game and it helps to attract better players. It also gives me pride seeing Villa players turn out for England, particularly if they do well. 

But equally I do see your point. If he gets injured or is tired coming back from England duty, he won't perform to his best level and that will affect us. 

In my opinion, he's unlucky not to get a call up. He's the best midfielder I have seen at Villa since Merson, more talented than Barry, Milner and Petrov I think (though not necessarily better yet). He can pass, dribble, create, score great goals, and tracks back. I'd go so far to say he's one of the best dribblers I've seen since watching Villa in the early 90s. So we simply have to go up and let him show his magic in the Prem - if we do, he'll get the call.

I actually get anxious watching Villa players play for England - or any international team for that matter lol! I'm like a bloomin proud father just hoping they dont balls up and I want them to do well because I feel it reflects on Villa. 🙄

• Like 1

The problem for villa fans is a top 6 side would turn him into a boring square ball playing cautious midfielder.

Look what happened to Jordan Henderson. At sunderland he used to split defences and even dribble. Even Ross Barkley looks scared to death to take a risk playing a forward ball at chelsea. (Although he has played really well for england since Dele Alli limped off)

The only place he can go and play like Jack Grealish is man city and do they need him? they already have a queue stretching around the block including their own starlet Phil foden who's career they seem determined to restrict.

Villa is the best place for Grealish. He's the main man here. just like matt le tissier.  he should be allowed to dry his clothes and graze his sheep in centenary square.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The problem for villa fans is a top 6 side would turn him into a boring square ball playing cautious midfielder.

Look what happened to Jordan Henderson. At sunderland he used to split defences and even dribble. Even Ross Barkley looks scared to death to take a risk playing a forward ball at chelsea. (Although he has played really well for england since Dele Alli limped off)

The only place he can go and play like Jack Grealish is man city and do they need him? they already have a queue stretching around the block including their own starlet Phil foden who's career they seem determined to restrict.

Villa is the best place for Grealish. He's the main man here. just like matt le tissier.  he should be allowed to dry his clothes and graze his sheep in centenary square.

Whilst I agree in part and hope you're right, the reality of the situation is he probably wants to leave and we probably need the money for him.

He's a class above and if he does leave, I'll follow his career very closely. He's already a Villa legend in my eyes. 

• Like 2

Playing for England isnt the that important for successwhen it comes to the Villa.

Villa Euro Champs in 1982 and only Peter Withe made the England squad and unused at that.

Euro Young player of the Year Gary Shaw totally ignored and Tony Morley who had terrorised European defenses left out of the squad at the end.

Then you have Cowans and Mortimer.  

It is outstanding how that Villa from 80-82 had so few established (If any established) Internationals

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon there will be a buy back clause. Wouldn’t suprise me if he went to a top 6 team and it ends up being a step too far. He then gets sold to a mid-table team.

Hopefully us.

I disagree, he would have got a chance with Spurs if he went as they've suffered with quite a few injuries throughout the season. Really can't see him messing up being a top 6 team squad player to go to the likes of Bournemouth and be a starter. He will only improve IMO and be a top four player in the future. Hoping thats with us if we spend big and get promoted but that really is true hope lol. 

Regarding the buy back clause I think Grealish would accept it but the buying club wouldnt, why would they put a 50m buy back clause for e.g when he could be worth even more than that with the ridiculous transfer market we live in (When Prices keep rising year on year).

Edited by El Kami Ghazi

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

There are other footballing sides in the Prem that he would probably do well at, and be able to continue playing like himself. Leicester, Bournemouth, Wolves, Watford, Everton etc.

As much as Villa fans might not like to admit it, if we're in the Championship then all of these teams will be seen as a big step up from us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

There are other footballing sides in the Prem that he would probably do well at, and be able to continue playing like himself. Leicester, Bournemouth, Wolves, Watford, Everton etc.

Leicestor have maddison and harvy barnes

wolves have neves and some double barrelled named kid who they think is the títs

e3verton paid 50m for siggerdson they really gonna flush that down the drain ?

and why would anyone see bournmouth as a step up. playing infront of those 20k crowds....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!..... thats big time!

Edited by screwdriver
erm dunno

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Leicestor have maddison and harvy barnes

wolves have neves and some double barrelled named kid who they think is the títs

e3verton paid 50m for siggerdson they really gonna flush that down the drain ?

and why would anyone see bournmouth as a step up. playing infront of those 20k crowds....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!..... thats big time!

More like 13k.

• Like 1

Â