Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yeah it has a bit but a lot of it has been quite good still. The underlying story to the series is great, but the stand alone case by case episodes just get tiring!

We started a re-watch of The X-Files a few months ago (got as far as the crossover episode with Millenium and stopped as we were watching that simultaneously) and for me it's the other way around; after the first few seasons, it started to get mired in it's own mythos whereas in my opinion the show's at its very best when they nail the monster-of-the-week stuff (Tooms, Flukeman, that feckin' mermaid thing in Humbug *shudder*).

I guess that's what made it such a great series. There was something in it for everyone :D

I think it suffered from not knowing when to stop though. They should have ended it when David Duchonvy decided he'd had enough. 

Edited by PieFacE

I need to do a re-watch of the X FIles.

I used to watch it when it first aired but I was too young to really appreciate it. I remember enjoying it whilst simultaneously not knowing what the **** was going on.

dont want to open TD thread as i think ill get spoil'd

has the seres massively picked up or? 

i watched the first episode and thought it was ok/good. Tried to watch the second episode but found it redic boring and cant remember a single thing that happened in it. 

Edited by gharperr

It's not boring. I like it and it's a decent watch.

But it's nowhere near as good as the first series. A few highlights so far but nothing incredible like episode 4 of season 1.

I'm hoping for some big final episodes but I'm having my doubts.

• Like 1

I've kinda gave up on the latest TD series. Got to episode 3 or 4 and turned it off. Just found it soooooooo boring. Nothing in it is interesting, the characters, the story, the setting/atmosphere. It's just dull.

I will re-watch it again though, I'll let it finish and binge watch it when I'm bored.

Mr.Robot has been way more interesting and I'm only on episode 3. 

Yeah it has a bit but a lot of it has been quite good still. The underlying story to the series is great, but the stand alone case by case episodes just get tiring!

We started a re-watch of The X-Files a few months ago (got as far as the crossover episode with Millenium and stopped as we were watching that simultaneously) and for me it's the other way around; after the first few seasons, it started to get mired in it's own mythos whereas in my opinion the show's at its very best when they nail the monster-of-the-week stuff (Tooms, Flukeman, that feckin' mermaid thing in Humbug *shudder*).

I agree, and whereas the mythos episodes became a chore, the one shots were good, and on occasion great. The two part Dreamland from series 6 remain my favourite.

Has anybody seen the shield? Sounds good.

Cracking series, you wont be disappointed.

Yep,cracking show! In my top three behind the Wire and GOT

• Like 1

If you mean the cop show with Michael Chiklis, I thought it was superb and every bit as good as The Wire.

Chiklis is wonderfully bad-ass.

Corruption, violence, smut and some really good character development.

Yankee TV at its best.

• Like 1

i watched the first episode and thought it was ok/good. Tried to watch the second episode but found it redic boring and cant remember a single thing that happened in it. 

Its got to the point where I dont know what the story is anymore.

Some Black guy appeared last night about 10 minutes from the end and I swear I have never seen him before.

I will watch the last episode just to see if it makes any sense.

No where near series 1.

Its got to the point where I dont know what the story is anymore.

Some Black guy appeared last night about 10 minutes from the end and I swear I have never seen him before.

I will watch the last episode just to see if it makes any sense.

No where near series 1.

The black guy was 

the chief of police. Holloway.

He was at the sex party so is presumably wrapped up in the corruption around Casper.

He was also part of the robbery to steal the blue diamonds in 1992

Basically, he's a corrupt really bad person

If you mean the cop show with Michael Chiklis, I thought it was superb and every bit as good as The Wire.

Yankee TV at its best.

Just watched the pilot. A bit low budget and gritty but I loved it. Quality ending to episode too.

I thought humans ended fairly weak ....with such a good cast it was a shame

You wanted to see Chan's titties didn't you?

YES

Yankee TV at its best.

Just watched the pilot. A bit low budget and gritty but I loved it. Quality ending to episode too.

I'm not sure if its low budget or that its just showing its age

Wonderful show though, one of my all time favourites

• Like 2

I thought humans ended fairly weak ....with such a good cast it was a shame

You wanted to see Chan's titties didn't you?

YES

her acting was better when she was the housemaid robot ....I thought berrinngton was a better spurge over the series 

Â