Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Do you know what... I think somehow I may have missed '88!!!

How has this happened?

I doubt you have to be honest, you might have just blended 86 and 88 into one.

However, if you have missed it...GET ON IT NOW!  :D 

It's fantastic btw.

Maybe... I guess I'll have to watch it to make sure.

Actually, I'm fairly certain she who shall not be named hasn't seen any of it. So I'll just have to watch it all over again!

So, Wayward Pines. What do we think?

Wasn't expecting that ending!

I really enjoyed it in the end. I wasn't hopeful after the first couple of episodes, I thought Dillion was 'hammy' at best and feared a poor mans Twin Peaks. It completey flipped from there though and went bat shit crazy (in a good way).

On an unrelated note, I finished 'The Affair' this week. After a slow start, it slowed even further and then practically stopped until the last episode, which improved slightly, but in no way made up for the boredom.

Very well made, scripted and some great acting, but nothing under the hood. Like a really fit girl with no personality and crap in the sack. Won't be watching season 2, I can't believe it's been given another run. A posh soap opera.

Also deleted Hannibal off the planner after trying to persevere with season 3. A real shame becuase it was cracking in season 1. Disappeared up its own bum.

Loving the return of Ray Donovan - that and Banshee are the best things about at the moment imo.

Said it before, Mr robot , by far best series out at moment, I loved Ray Donovan, banshee also, but Mr robot is diffrent level completely, if you haven't started it , you are in for a treat

Cheers, just read an article saying there is a 'bidding war' on the go for the UK rights and it's set to be the biggest deal since Sky took Mad Men from the Beeb.

It does sound good, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that one

Edited by wazzap24

So, Wayward Pines. What do we think?

Wasn't expecting that ending!

I really enjoyed it in the end. I wasn't hopeful after the first couple of episodes, I thought Dillion was 'hammy' at best and feared a poor mans Twin Peaks. It completey flipped from there though and went bat shit crazy (in a good way).

On an unrelated note, I finished 'The Affair' this week. After a slow start, it slowed even further and then practically stopped until the last episode, which improved slightly, but in no way made up for the boredom.

Very well made, scripted and some great acting, but nothing under the hood. Like a really fit girl with no personality and crap in the sack. Won't be watching season 2, I can't believe it's been given another run. A posh soap opera.

Also deleted Hannibal off the planner after trying to persevere with season 3. A real shame becuase it was cracking in season 1. Disappeared up its own bum.

Loving the return of Ray Donovan - that and Banshee are the best things about at the moment imo.

Funnily enough, been considering Banshee or Ray Donovan as currently without a show to watch since finishing all of Entourage in about 6 weeks! 

They are both brilliant Xela.

If forced to choose, I'd go with Banshee, but only because there's more violence and sex!

In football terms it's like having the choice between Ronaldo and Messi.

• Like 1

Not really a TV Show as such, but I've just watched the 'Radio 1 Ibiza Prom' on iPlayer.

Absolutely fecking brilliant.

Even if you have no interest in dance music, it's worth a watch. Absolutely fantastic version of 'you got the love' with John Newman at the end. Great stuff.

They are both brilliant Xela.

If forced to choose, I'd go with Banshee, but only because there's more violence and sex!

In football terms it's like having the choice between Ronaldo and Messi.

Banshee it is then! Cheers  :)

Yeah it has a bit but a lot of it has been quite good still. The underlying story to the series is great, but the stand alone case by case episodes just get tiring!

Then when Mulder leaves its just bad all round.

In its time I bet it was amazing!

Edited by PieFacE

Did they ever actually answer whether it was aliens or not?

I seem to remember constant hints it was aliens but then work out a way to not actually confirm it.

Did they ever actually answer whether it was aliens or not?

I seem to remember constant hints it was aliens but then work out a way to not actually confirm it.

As of series 8 the aliens are definitely real. In fact, the whole of humanity is alien I do believe.

However, there is the chance that that narrative is a lie to hide a bigger truth , I need to watch the two final series to find out. Will probably end with Mulder waking up saying "What a weird **** dream"

Edited by PieFacE

Wasn't the ending that

the aliens were going to end humanity/enslave it, and there was nothing anyone could do about it?

If that is the case it will be interesting to see how they handle that in the new series.

Mr.Robot. Thanks VT. Awesome series! Watched 3 episodes last night and it's great! 

Yeah it has a bit but a lot of it has been quite good still. The underlying story to the series is great, but the stand alone case by case episodes just get tiring!

We started a re-watch of The X-Files a few months ago (got as far as the crossover episode with Millenium and stopped as we were watching that simultaneously) and for me it's the other way around; after the first few seasons, it started to get mired in it's own mythos whereas in my opinion the show's at its very best when they nail the monster-of-the-week stuff (Tooms, Flukeman, that feckin' mermaid thing in Humbug *shudder*).

Â