Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

No, I'm not. Because I'm watching the new Doctor Who, and it's just as terrible as I expected from Russell T Davies. God it's just appalling. Shame, because Ncuti Gates is very good 

Who’s that, Bill’s son?

• Haha 1

The Dr who episodes are so shit :(

Eric Nguti is great to watch and the baddie in the 2nd episode was having fun but the plots in both are so **** stupid and nonsense it's very annoying. Also I hate cultural stuff that licks the beatles ass. Can always assume the writer is someone in his 60s or 70s if we get some wet dream script about how great they were. As tedious as some panegeyric  to Shakespeare or whoever. 

On 12/05/2024 at 21:24, Rodders said:

Eric Nguti is great to watch and the baddie in the 2nd episode was having fun but the plots in both are so **** stupid and nonsense it's very annoying. Also I hate cultural stuff that licks the beatles ass. Can always assume the writer is someone in his 60s or 70s if we get some wet dream script about how great they were. As tedious as some panegeyric  to Shakespeare or whoever. 

Yeah just watched them now and both were really poor. Ep 2 sightly better than the awful E1 but the cast deserve better scripts than that. It was cringeworthy at times, especially E1. 

@bickster is now feverishly logging in to BBC iPlayer to watch this episode.

• Haha 3

On 11/05/2024 at 23:06, Lichfield Dean said:

No, I'm not. Because I'm watching the new Doctor Who, and it's just as terrible as I expected from Russell T Davies. God it's just appalling. Shame, because Ncuti Gates is very good (as was Jodie Whittaker before him). Ruby Sunday is still annoying. Glad they are replacing her to be honest.

Look, shall we just say Eric Gates to save all the confusion?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

@bickster is now feverishly logging in to BBC iPlayer to watch this episode.

Already seen most of it because the missus was watching it, thought the songs were a vast improvement on their usual dross before the timeline changed :D I went to work hoping it was true :crylaugh: 

Just now, bickster said:

I went to work hoping it was true :crylaugh: 

Why, do they all get killed?

Just now, rjw63 said:

Why, do they all get killed?

No idea, I left before that bit, I just presume they recovered and started writing shit songs again

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Look, shall we just say Eric Gates to save all the confusion?

spacer.png

Jeez, he looked about 50 in that pic. 

Dipped back into the This Is England series - It's the most comforting, uncomfortable show I've ever seen.

Love it, but **** me, it's dark at times.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Bodkin is very watchable.

Good to hear. We were thinking about starting that next as we've nothing else on the go at the moment. I need to regularly come up with suggestions or it'll be sex on the yacht or the lunatic housewives of nonsense county again. (We really need a second TV). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Good to hear. We were thinking about starting that next as we've nothing else on the go at the moment. I need to regularly come up with suggestions or it'll be sex on the yacht or the lunatic housewives of nonsense county again. (We really need a second TV). 

Only seven episodes though so take yer time ;)

• Like 1

Â