Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Succession last night, on the whole it was a very well acted, enjoyable watch. Definitely worth the time. On paper I wouldn't have liked it, I really dislike bottle episodes in series, and essentially Succession episodes are really big bottle episodes. I did like it though, loved the characters, all dispicable, barely anyone to root for, so yes. Well worth a watch. 

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 13:09, Rds1983 said:

I'm currently on s3 of Upload.

It's a decent show and has funny moments.

However, as it develops it adds in wider/bigger storylines and changes theme slightly and is more comedy/drama.

Quite thought provoking at points with the concept. 

Enjoying it a lot. Nearly at the end of Season 1 and a very easy watch. 

• Like 2

Finished Billions, really liked it. The first 2 seasons are a different beast compared to the later seasons but they managed to keep it entertaining for 7 seasons which is pretty impressive. It's not Succession but if you liked that show there is a lot you might like in Billions.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2023 at 20:11, Designer1 said:

On the final season of Top Boy and I have to say its been utterly superb.

There hasn't been a single story strand that hasn't been well written and executed, and every single person in the ensemble cast has been on their A-Game. 

With only 3 episodes left im just hoping they land the ending...(no spoilers you lot 😉).

And finished.

What an excellent ending to an outstanding series. Genuinely sad its all over.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

quite enjoying upload so far so thanks to whomever recommended it a few pages ago

The lead (Robbie Amel) is fantastic and has been great in everything I've seen him in. Absolutely steals The Babysitter movies (worth watching just for Samara Weaving).

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 13:52, theboyangel said:

I’m assuming this is a remake of the James Clavell novel Shogun (part of a series including Noble House and Tai-Pan)? 

The books are pretty epic in scale and I half remember the Richard Chamberlain series from the 80s based on Shogun. 

This looks very well produced so will check it out. 

Given that it was Richard Chamberlain (and obviously low budget) the original Shogun series was better than it had any right to be. The Clavell book is great, as is Giles Milton's 'Samurai William', the true story the novel is based on. 

Unfortunately, the new series appears to be on one of the many streaming channels I don't have. No doubt it will turn up on the BBC in the fullness of time. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Given that it was Richard Chamberlain (and obviously low budget) the original Shogun series was better than it had any right to be. The Clavell book is great, as is Giles Milton's 'Samurai William', the true story the novel is based on. 

Unfortunately, the new series appears to be on one of the many streaming channels I don't have. No doubt it will turn up on the BBC in the fullness of time. 

I will check out the Samurai William book! Thanks for the info.

it looks like it’ll be on Disney+ over here.

(worth getting a subscription for the grandkids!?! - we get ours with Tesco clubcard points which works out as 3 months for the price of 1)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No doubt it will turn up on the BBC in the fullness of time. 

BBC have snowfall dont they?

having a look at fx they've also got 2 david chase projects and a snowfall spin off

I've got 1 episode left of snowfall, its been brilliant, firmly cemented itself on the 2nd rung for me

• Like 2

On 05/11/2023 at 13:52, theboyangel said:

I’m assuming this is a remake of the James Clavell novel Shogun (part of a series including Noble House and Tai-Pan)? 

The books are pretty epic in scale and I half remember the Richard Chamberlain series from the 80s based on Shogun. 

This looks very well produced so will check it out. 

Ooooh. I've read this book a few times, and it was indeed epic. I liked how by the time i'd finished it, it had actually changed my thought processes. Certain comments or actions by a character which by western standards would be innocuous or throw-away were a huge deal in that culture, and I'd started to think like the protagonists.  

Tai-pan is also great. In fact I preferred that one, although mainly because I've spent time in Hong Kong, and it was interesting to see it's formation. 

I'll be up for this show. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've got 1 episode left of snowfall, its been brilliant, firmly cemented itself on the 2nd rung for me

I've got this lined up to fill the Top Boy shaped hole left in my viewing activity.

Looking forward to starting it.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Semi bingeing Upload. Halfway through the final series and it's excellent but the third series has had a couple of filler episodes. 

A few other things I have enjoyed, Not Dead Yet, an easy 22 minute comedy, premise is an obit writer can see the ghosts of the obit subjects. More to it than that but not sure what provider it's on. 

Young Sheldon. Don't judge me, I am starting season 4 and I **** love this show. No I don't watch Big Bang Theory. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2023 at 11:23, villa4europe said:

How that "Hispanic Freddie Mercury" didn't actually get the part in the Queen biopic will forever bea mystery, absolute doppelganger.

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Young Sheldon. Don't judge me, I am starting season 4 and I **** love this show. No I don't watch Big Bang Theory. 

It's good.

It's absolutely nothing like BBT which is why it's good 👍 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2023 at 13:57, Demitri_C said:

Yep cobra kai is class. Just starting season 2 and im hooked now

I’ve enjoyed it , but they need to end it after the new season , there’s only so many kids you can teach to become world karate champion in 3 months 

But I can’t  wait for the new season 

• Like 1

Â