Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Finished The Reckoning today. It was excellent. Coogan was superb, he didn't add any likeability to the character, which would have been misplaced.  

Which would be impossible if accurately depicting Savile.  I've genuinely no idea how he was ever popular.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Finished The Reckoning today. It was excellent. Coogan was superb, he didn't add any likeability to the character, which would have been misplaced.  

Just started watching it. Very much against my better judgement, but the missus wants to see it. 

We've watched the first 2 episodes of the Reckoning.

It's excellent, if appropriately unsettling and disturbing. It's quite tastefully done. Coogan is brilliant as Sir Jinglenonce OBE. He's playing him as a character, but it fits because what we saw of him is a character, regardless of him saying what you saw was what you got, he was all superficial charm and a persona hiding a monster. He has his mannerisms and movements down perfectly, and does a solid attempt at the voice.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Just finished s3 of Billions. Rather good, no idea why I haven't watched it earlier.

Myself and the wife have just finished season two and are loving it. Hoping it doesn't drop off too badly at any point, US series do have a tendency to carry on way past their best.

• Like 1

finished the reckoning , echo pretty much what others have said about it , must have been hard for Coogan to play that role but he was pretty convincing and the producers also did a good job of making you feel uncomfortable with his acts without spelling it out .

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking of al the characters in GOT, who had the best LOL moments, for me, it has to be the Hound, Arry, "lots of people name their sword," the Hound, " lots of words removed". Just brilliant. 

"Bessie! Thank the gods for Bessie!"

"Pork sausage!"

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking of al the characters in GOT, who had the best LOL moments, for me, it has to be the Hound, Arry, "lots of people name their sword," the Hound, " lots of words removed". Just brilliant. 

"there's no cure for being a word removed"

genuine belly laugh for that one

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Its good.  Starts to get abit stupid though as the seasons go on.

Yeah I'm kinda expecting that. Almost impossible to keep something like that going with keeping it interesting, raising the stakes and not going into ott territory.

We binge watched the Long Shadow last night (story of capturing Peter Sutcliffe).

I really enjoy these high profile remakes of things I have managed to avoid all the details of. 

It’s incredible just how many opportunities to take him down they completely discarded (they interviewed him 9 times). Unbelievable incompetence from the Police.

Well made programme though.

Â