Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, hogso said:

I've said before that if you viewed the Luther TV show as a kind of British super hero show, and definitely not as a police procedural, there's some entertainment in it

I've never watched Luther. I was considering it, but your comment is making me reconsider. 

21 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I know it's been billed as a movie on Netflix but I'm posting here as Luther was originally a great TV show.

This "film" is absolutely bobbins. So, so bad. Just ruins the legacy of the earlier seasons. If you left a plot and script in the hands of the worst Hollywood execs you would get something better than this. 

I also can't take Andy Serkis seriously as a villain. Maybe I could have if there had been any, I mean absolutely any character development or an inkling of explanation as to why he was the most sick person on the planet but seemingly also the richest.

They seemed to cut out all of everything that was good about Luther in the first place and WTF was that ending? It was like they were suggesting, wink wink, he's going to be James Bond.

0/10 absolute shyte.

I enjoyed it really but agree with many of your points.

• Like 1

Who'd have thought a Korean 'game' show would be great viewing? 

Physical 100.

Not watching just for the Pretty girls, no sir. Some very good characters in this. 

• Like 3

On 12/03/2023 at 21:37, theboyangel said:

Finally finished The Old Man and it was a real grind to get there.

Superb cast (Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow) and looked great but it was sooo slow and ponderous it became boring and a chore to get through.

Hoping for season 2, knowing these streaming companies it'll get axed.

The Bokeem Woodbine character in Fago should have had a series all about his rise to the World of crime.

Such a fascinating character and presented with such aplomb by a very underrated actor. I still remember how good he was in Jason's Lyric.

Decent first episode of the new Ted Lasso season.

I do think this should be the last series though. I think there's only so much you can really do with the concept before it gets stale.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2023 at 21:29, sheepyvillian said:

I've decided to finish Ozark. I'm currently on episode 3 of season 3. I forgot just how gorgeous Ruth is, what a fecking darling.

Have you seen Inventing Anna? She’s an incredible actor.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/03/2023 at 10:09, mjmooney said:

I've never watched Luther. I was considering it, but your comment is making me reconsider. 

I watched 20 minutes of the first episode and I reached for the remote. It was as dull as Luther's tweed jacket. 

We just watched the two series of 'Flowers', which was made by Channel 4 a few years ago, but passed us by at the time. It's currently on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. It's a very difficult trick to pull off, making what is superficially a comedy, dealing with issues of mental illness. But (IMO) it succeeds brilliantly. It verges on cringe comedy at times, which is something I normally hate (can't stand Ricky Gervais), but here it works. Brilliant ensemble playing by Will Sharpe (who wrote and directed the whole thing), Olivia Coleman, Julian Barratt, Daniel Rigby and Sophia Di Martino. And a great soundtrack by Sharpe's brother Arthur. Very impressive. 

• Like 1

Three episodes into the 4th series of You

Joe is still depraved as ever but there seems to be a new player in town who has his number. 

set in the UK this time 

very good so far 

On 16/03/2023 at 19:30, Designer1 said:

Decent first episode of the new Ted Lasso season.

I do think this should be the last series though. I think there's only so much you can really do with the concept before it gets stale.

They've always said it will only be 3 seasons. Guess it'll depend on how much money Apple throw at them, as it's one of their flagship shows now

Â