Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Tried that ghost hunter thing that's currently number one on Netflix chart. 

I usually give a show an episode or two but we only lasted 18 minutes with this tripe. 

Switched to "Wednesday", that's much better. 

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking of starting The Last of Us. Is it worth it?

It's pretty good, I never played the game but I like the genre.

Only seen two episodes mind you.

Apparently it is the most expensive TV show ever made; visually it looks cool.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Apparently it is the most expensive TV show ever made; visually it looks cool.

More than the Rings Of Power ? I think that's 60M a episode. Money does not guarantee quality.

The breakdown was strange for Rings of Power,  58 M an episode on inclusion and diversity (In a Northern Europe setting)😄 and the rest on the story and the actors. 

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

More than the Rings Of Power ? I think that's 60M a episode. Money does not guarantee quality.

The breakdown was strange for Rings of Power,  58 M an episode on inclusion and diversity (In a Northern Europe setting)😄 and the rest on the story and the actors. 

Where did I say it did?

There are a few articles suggesting it is among the most expensive ever made, I guess there are a few.

I haven't seen Rings of Power, I initially wanted to but then when I saw a trailer and something seemed off. Perhaps it was being consistently bashed over the head with inclusion and diversity as you mentioned!

Visually I think The Last of Us looks very good; would they achieve the same quality with half the budget?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I haven't seen Rings of Power,

I mean if you look at what 60 M an episode can deliver in the wrong hands,  for that money I expected something amazing.

Rings of Power is actually so bad that it moves to a comedy in some places unintentionally,  you are not sure if they are actually having a laugh and its not a serious piece of TV or some of it is ad-libbed or something. Really strange.

As you correctly said,  something is off with it, something bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I mean if you look at what 60 M an episode can deliver in the wrong hands,  for that money I expected something amazing.

Rings of Power is actually so bad that it moves to a comedy in some places unintentionally,  you are not sure if they are actually having a laugh and its not a serious piece of TV or some of it is ad-libbed or something. Really strange.

As you correctly said,  something is off with it, something bad.

That is nuts!

I'll probably watch it as my eldest is a big fan of Tolkien's books (and the films), as I am too.

I could see from trailers alone it looks odd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That is nuts!

I'll probably watch it as my eldest is a big fan of Tolkien's books (and the films), as I am too.

I could see from trailers alone it looks odd.

OK,  let me know what you think.  I am being unfair,  it has actor heavy weights in it that carry it along I suppose, like Lenny Henry.😁
However,  this has nothing to do with Tolkien's books.  They might say it does but it doesn't. 

Places and names maybe,  that's all.  

I am half way through re-editing the sound for Episode 1 for comedy purposes funnily enough.  Almost ready.

• Like 1

A few things I am enjoying at the moment, I may have mentioned before. Poker Face, a new Natasha Lyonne series. The premise is that she has a power/skill that she knows if people are lying, she knows, instantly. The episodes are like Columbo as it is about how she catches the perpetrator, I also like that the opening titles look like Columbo's titles. There is an over arching story line but on the whole they are self contained episodes. Its on Peacock.

The other is Extraordinary, going to struggle to find a funnier comedy this year. Its set in the present day, but in a world where everyone gets powers on their 18th birthday, except the lead character, an irish actress, who is very funny. I cant do it justice really, but if you fancy a 25 minute comedy, give one episode a go and I feel you will be hooked.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking of starting The Last of Us. Is it worth it?

Depends what you type of tv show you like.  I thought it was going to be more of a action/horror kind of show but from what i saw it feels more like a drama show with goid acting and story telling.

Its popular on here but wasnt for me. 

• Thanks 1

Â