Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wouldn't say that. Without spoilers it wrapped up the story, but set up another, related one. 

I see what you are saying but it raised several questions as to the bigger picture. For me anyway.

Spoiler

Was the spaceship another sim? What was the brothers role or is the Dad still **** with her head?

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Mail Online Videos: Top News & Viral Videos, Clips & Footage | Daily Mail  Online

This one was OK, 7/10 stuff.

Falls into the trap of being a bit too familiar with the characters who all have secrets, all are suspect and have a dark past and so on. Seen very similar things tons of times but it's pretty well done albeit predictable.  OK to binge.

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Typical Netflix 😠

It's my understanding that they only sign 1 or 2 season deals with the actors and writers. If a show is successful then of course those folks want to negotiate for more money so NF doesn't even give them the chance.

Thats why the cast of The Crown changes every 2 seasons. All the actors sign for 2 seasons at a flat rate.

• Like 1

Netflix doc on the new zealand volcano disaster a couple of years ago is brutal. Has survivor footage up to and past the explosion, heart rendering stuff from the survivors testimony. :( 

Edited by Rodders

Alice in Borderland season 2 has been pretty good so far as has the new season of Jack Ryan. Loved the 1st episode of Happy Valley season 3 can’t believe  it has been 7 years since season 2!

On 02/01/2023 at 20:05, villa4europe said:

Season 2 episode 6 visualising how sampling works is brilliant

Sat what you like about hip hop but I think sampling and the ear for it is an incredible skill

Yeah I absolutely loved it.

Really didn't think they'd do a 3rd season since it gets so much bigger after they "make it". But apparently S3 starts on Feb 15th.

• Like 1

Didn't get any response from the VT crew when the first series was out but Reservation Dogs on Disney+ is excellent. It's basically a raw version of Stand By Me. A bunch of friends growing up on a Native Reservation in Oklahoma.

The second series really built on the first. Some very funny moments and several very touching storylines too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Finally watched we own this city

It avoids the wires slow start and comes thick and fast and it's equally detrimental, there's a lot to take in early doors as the cast is still massive, fortunately berthantal draws you in straight away, he's magnetic, played the role superbly

But by the end it's just **** brilliant isn't it? The jumping around, the characters, it's everything you'd expect, expert writing and acting (some dodgy facial hair can be overlooked)

So much fun seeing all the old wire faces too, especially dukie 

What platform is this on?

5 hours ago, choffer said:

Didn't get any response from the VT crew when the first series was out but Reservation Dogs on Disney+ is excellent. It's basically a raw version of Stand By Me. A bunch of friends growing up on a Native Reservation in Oklahoma.

The second series really built on the first. Some very funny moments and several very touching storylines too.

Yeah I just started on this the other day.  It's superb. I'm getting towards the end of S1. Thankfully there's an S2 already and even an S3 in the works too. 

It's a waititi masterclass. Strong elements of his film 'Boy' in there.  

31 minutes ago, Jon said:

What platform is this on?

Its on now TV, I buckled and got it to smash my way through what I missed last year then get rid of it

The wife is in Germany leaving me alone for 4 days so far, I've watched wu tang season 2, we own this city and I've started house of the dragon

Tonight I'm playing football then going to the pub, tomorrow night ill have hot dogs for tea, a few beers, get FM23 up on the switch and probably finish GoT

If it weren't for missing the kids....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Got Apple TV for a few months. Started Ted Lasso, 4 episodes in really enjoyable

Free trial?

I had one before but then missed the boat on a 2nd one

Edit - on the ps5

Edited by villa4europe

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its on now TV, I buckled and got it to smash my way through what I missed last year then get rid of it

The wife is in Germany leaving me alone for 4 days so far, I've watched wu tang season 2, we own this city and I've started house of the dragon

Tonight I'm playing football then going to the pub, tomorrow night ill have hot dogs for tea, a few beers, get FM23 up on the switch and probably finish GoT

If it weren't for missing the kids....

Your wife need a chaparone? That's like a year's worth of free time for me. My wife and kids would like a trip to Germany, I assume. 

• Like 1

Â