Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The second season of Upright was brilliant. 

Didn't think there was a need for series 2 but Tim Minchin was talented enough to write another great show that fits in perfectly with the first one. 

If you haven't seen either, watch it from the start.

12 hours ago, Genie said:

The Meghan and Harry stuff is worse though as it looks very much like the Royal Family themselves have been sending Harry and Meghan to the wolves by leaking content to them. 

It’s an absolute disgrace tbh. 

I'm with you on this, and by the Royal family all fingers point toward Charles for me, with similar things happening to Diana in the past and now this there's only one constant in it all and that's him.

21 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm with you on this, and by the Royal family all fingers point toward Charles for me, with similar things happening to Diana in the past and now this there's only one constant in it all and that's him.

The show demonstrates just how weird the Royal family setup is. The family themselves are just employees of this weird secret firm. They all seem to have little power in reality.

Harry mentioned he spoke to his gran and wanted meet her, she said yes and that she was free all week. Next day it gets cancelled and she tells him she’s actually busy all week. Even the Queen couldn’t speak to her own grandson without the invisible powers permission. They blocked it and she couldn’t do anything.

I don’t think Charles is the problem, it’s the people behind the scenes pulling the strings. They (the Royals) don’t want to rock the boat and Harry is being used as an example of what happens if they go against the people who are really in charge.

Its completely **** up.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

The show demonstrates just how weird the Royal family setup is. The family themselves are just employees of this weird secret firm. They all seem to have little power in reality.

Harry mentioned he spoke to his gran and wanted meet her, she said yes and that she was free all week. Next day it gets cancelled and she tells him she’s actually busy all week. Even the Queen couldn’t speak to her own grandson without the invisible powers permission. They blocked it and she couldn’t do anything.

I don’t think Charles is the problem, it’s the people behind the scenes pulling the strings. They (the Royals) don’t want to rock the boat and Harry is being used as an example of what happens if they go against the people who are really in charge.

Its completely **** up.

I'm not so sure, in the Diana interview  she mentioned jealousy of the attention she was getting in Australia from the poeple , the jealousy was  from Charles, she mentioned she was helpless as she didn't want the attention but it didn't change the way Charles treated her.

Camilla, she had an Xmas dinner with Piers Morgan and Clarkson days before this latest Clarkson attack was aired, the whole thing is a mess but there is always one person in the mix , Charles. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I'm not so sure, in the Diana interview  she mentioned jealousy of the attention she was getting in Australia from the poeple , the jealousy was  from Charles, she mentioned she was helpless as she didn't want the attention but it didn't change the way Charles treated her.

Camilla, she had an Xmas dinner with Piers Morgan and Clarkson days before this latest Clarkson attack was aired, the whole thing is a mess but there is always one person in the mix , Charles. 

i had no idea about this!

On 14/12/2022 at 06:41, Demitri_C said:

There is 5 at the moment. Thats a good idea to binge it over xmas!

Its good because all scenes keep you interested. Its not got many boring scenes in it

I couldn't hold out until they were all available so started Tulsa King over the weekend and am now 5 episodes in. Both me and my wife are loving it so far and think Stallone is great in the lead role.

I know Stallone is not everyone's cup of tea but I think he is under rated as an actor. He was brilliant in Copland, the first couple of Rocky films,  FIST and more recently Creed and is great in this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I couldn't hold out until they were all available so started Tulsa King over the weekend and am now 5 episodes in. Both me and my wife are loving it so far and think Stallone is great in the lead role.

I know Stallone is not everyone's cup of tea but I think he is under rated as an actor. He was brilliant in Copland, the first couple of Rocky films,  FIST and more recently Creed and is great in this.

The 5th episode was brilliant. Honestly one of the ebst shows ive seen in years.stallone is incredible in this

• Like 1

Just started watching How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast).  

Netflix Original, originally German but dubbed into English. 

Watched the whole first season (6 episodes) in a 4 hour binge 😬😀

2 more seasons to watch, so that’s tomorrows TV sorted!

2 hours ago, sne said:

Anyone watched Industry?

Just finished ep 1 and I don't hate it. Only has 7.1 on IMDB but S2 is apparently quite a bit better than S2 according to the ep scores.

I've watched both. It's good and there's some nice norking scenes. However it does seem to jump timelines suddenly and you are sort of expected to fill in the blanks. Maybe it was poorly edited?

Also all of the "trades" and financial talk is waaaaaay over my head. They may as well be speaking Swedish :D

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've watched both. It's good and there's some nice norking scenes. However it does seem to jump timelines suddenly and you are sort of expected to fill in the blanks. Maybe it was poorly edited?

Also all of the "trades" and financial talk is waaaaaay over my head. They may as well be speaking Swedish :D

Speaking of speaking Swedish (almost) I've yet to watch the Norwegian series Exit that's supposedly both good and a bit similar-ish to this one. It's based on true stories from the Norwegian financial scene.

Totally forgot about it until I watched this show.

Has 8.2 on IMDB with 10k people rating it so that's pretty impressive for a Scandinavian thing.

• Like 1

Just watching the first episode of The Grand Tour since I was appalled by the first series. It’s a “special” filmed during lockdown and includes American cars driving in Scotland.

Its still absolutely dreadful. I’ve lasted 58 minutes of the 90 minute show but enough is enough. 

Just now, Genie said:

Just watching the first episode of The Grand Tour since I was appalled by the first series. It’s a “special” filmed during lockdown and includes American cars driving in Scotland.

Its still absolutely dreadful. I’ve lasted 58 minutes of the 90 minute show but enough is enough. 

the most recent that they released was probably the best (can't remember where it was)

but clarkson's recent f--kery has soured the show for me now anyway

• Like 1

Â