Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watching episode 2 now and came to say the same thing

netflix are miles ahead of everyone at the moment, saw something I think in the guardian or the times about how this probably should be on the BBC but they simply can't make this kind of tv anymore 

got a couple of similar themes from Victoria too which I also liked

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watching episode 2 now and came to say the same thing

netflix are miles ahead of everyone at the moment, saw something I think in the guardian or the times about how this probably should be on the BBC but they simply can't make this kind of tv anymore 

got a couple of similar themes from Victoria too which I also liked

I left the UK in 1999 but the last 5-7 years it seems the BBC has produced a lot less programming of any quality. They put out more content but less and less is any good. Maybe if they just focussed on a high level product they would be able to make things like The Crown.

Obviously I'm holding them to the high standard they themselves have set and it is a remarkable institution which has achieved amazing results over the years.

im struggling to see how but it cost £100m to make apparently 

Without any hint of local bias I think the only BBC drama I really enjoy is pesky blinders (:ph34r:)

didnt enjoy the last Sherlock series and thought elementary was better, Luther I've seen 3 episodes I think and it was ok, after that it's all second rate stuff IMO 

hopefully this new Tom hardy one will be good

Still world leaders in documentaries though

3 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Planet Earth 2, why watch anything else?

I have never wanted iguana to beat a snake so much, and I am not counting you Fabian

Absolutely brilliant. I actually applauded it at the end, even though there's no-one else here.

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Only FTA HD and no 4K though, which sucks. 

To be honest not overly bothered about 4k, HD is way good enough for me and my TV. I brought my samsung TV over 5 years ago and people still tell me how clear it is they think its almost 4k :lol:

Considering a paid £150 for the box and one year £50 one off fee the saving in comparison to SKY is ridiculous :thumb: 

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest not overly bothered about 4k, HD is way good enough for me and my TV. I brought my samsung TV over 5 years ago and people still tell me how clear it is they think its almost 4k :lol:

Considering a paid £150 for the box and one year £50 one off fee the saving in comparison to SKY is ridiculous :thumb: 

You can't get HD though can you?

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

You can't get HD though can you?

Are you referring to sports? I get the three o clock games in HD. But things like movie channels, bt sports, sky sports etc are just dvdish quality. You get all the freeview channels in HD

• Like 1

Planet Earth 2 was just as brilliant as expected.

David Attenborough really should get the Nobel Peace Price for his work in educating people about the planet.

The scenes with the snakes and the marine iguanas was straight from a nightmare.

And as always I enjoyed the "Diaries" at the end of the episode just as much as the actual episode.

• Like 1

I'll ask again.

Anyone watched the new "The Exorcist" series?

6th episode out now, not started watching yet. Might wait untill the whole season is out and binge watch it in one go. 

13 minutes ago, sne said:

I'll ask again.

Anyone watched the new "The Exorcist" series?

6th episode out now, not started watching yet. Might wait untill the whole season is out and binge watch it in one go. 

If you like horror stuff watch ash vs evil dead. its fantastic 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If you like horror stuff watch ash vs evil dead. its fantastic 

Yeah I watch that already, along with Outcast and Preacher, The Strain, TWD, In the flesh...

Varying quality, but nice with so many horror shows atm.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah I watch that already, along with Outcast and Preacher, The Strain, TWD, In the flesh...

Varying quality, but nice with so many horror shows atm.

I watch TWD not heard of the others would you recommend any of those? 

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Outcast is a dark, slow "realistic"ish take on exorcism by Robert Kirkman (the guy behind TWD) I quite like it. 1 season, second next year

Preacher is based on a comic and is both funny and dark, but more fast paced. Really good. Joseph Gilgun is excellent in his role. 1 season, second next year.

The Strain is based on a book series / script by Guillermo Del Toro and should have been really good, but they messed it up a bit so it's a bit meh. 3rd season just finished.

In the flesh is a different take on a Zombie outbreak. Really interesting BBC series, 2 seasons as far as I know.

Edited by sne

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I echo what Sne said above about 'The Strain' The 1st season is pretty enjoyable then it goes downhill.

David Bradley is in it and he's a huge Villa fan. So much so that he often placed Villa items/clothing in the background of the show! Makes it fun to look out for.

Â