Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Is Spartacus worth a watch? Just noticed it's on Netflix and I could do with a new series to watch.

I've also been meaning to watch Misfits for a while as it's been on the list for ages. Anyone have any views on that too?

All feedback gratefully received and mulled over.

Edited by Designer1

Is Spartacus worth a watch? Just noticed it's on Netflix and I could do with a new series to watch.

I've also been meaning to watch Misfits for a while as it's been on the list for ages. Anyone have any views on that too?

Spartacus is basically 300 - the Series. It's heavily influenced by 300's style, slowmo, overblown CGI environments, gore... Is also played in a completely overwrought manner, everyone is turned up to 11 in every way and 90% of the cast is gnawing the scenery.

Once you attune to that, it actually becomes a decent watch, fairly compelling and good fun. I was watching it myself but lost my way midway, need to go back to it. The prequel mini series, Gods of the Arena, is very good too.

• Like 1

Awful dialogue, predictable story lines, overly gory, and very silly. Also very enjoyable. If you're a 14 year old boy, you'll love it.   

Well, I tried a couple of episodes of Spartacus and that's enough for me.

Not really my thing, just couldn't see past the bloody awful acting and totally OTT gore. Not even the lovely boobs could save it :mrgreen:.

Murder One! Great show (well, first season anyway!)

benzali_daniel_murder_one_11856l.jpg

Seems decent so far though the music hasn't aged well. I've got a feeling I'm going to find Mary McCormack's character as annoying in this as in the West Wing. Still would, though.

Â