Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I watched the first episode of this season and thought it was shite

I take it I should give it another chance then?

It took about 4 episodes of slow build up but it has gone brilliant the last 3 weeks or so. I'm sure I recognise the female ISI agent from somewhere but can't work out where from. There's nothing on IMDB that I've seen her in. There's something about her I find incredibly sexy.

Well, I've just finished season 4 of the wire and while it was definitely brilliant, I don't quite understand why it's held in such high regard compared to the rest of the series, I personally enjoyed 1 & 3 more a little more. Am I mong?

For me so far its 1,3,4,2.

Just number 5 to go now.

Don't bother, it really jumps the shark

Well, I've just finished season 4 of the wire and while it was definitely brilliant, I don't quite understand why it's held in such high regard compared to the rest of the series, I personally enjoyed 1 & 3 more a little more. Am I mong?For me so far its 1,3,4,2.Just number 5 to go now.

thats a piece of advice that i dont think will be taken.

Well, I've just finished season 4 of the wire and while it was definitely brilliant, I don't quite understand why it's held in such high regard compared to the rest of the series, I personally enjoyed 1 & 3 more a little more. Am I mong?For me so far its 1,3,4,2.Just number 5 to go now.

thats a piece of advice that i dont think will be taken.

And shouldn't be.

Season 5 is certainly the weakest season, but it's still better than the vast majority of television out there. I suppose you could sya it jumped the shark if you use that phrase to define the first sign of decline in a show.

But for me, Jumping the Shark signals a much more significant drop in quality, and I'd say it's unfair to attribute that to the Wire at any point.

Edited by Stevo985

The final season with McNulty may be a little unrealistic but then again I think the realism of the other seasons is way overplayed so what happened wasn't completely out of whack with what had happened before. The only reason I wasn't as keen on it as I was with previous seasons was because I didn't really find newspaper angle all that interesting.

I know it had to happen but

the death of Omar, and with him the removal of the anti hero

Took a lot away from the show imo.

On reflection this may need a spoiler...

I loved that they did it, plus the fact it happened the way it did, just goes to show the futility of "the game".

Edited by dAVe80

Anyone watched The Following?

If you can suspend your disbelief and watch it long enough to stop seeing Bacon as the EE man it's a decent watch and once half-way or so through the first season was hooked and plowed through it and the second.

Â