Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Series 6(A) of The Sopranos is a bit of a slog.

Which is a shame, as it got better each season. Complete momentum loss.

Apparently 6( B )is **** amazing though, so I'll see it through.

I really enjoyed 6 ( i ) but ya 6 ( ii ) is brilliant.

Got to watch episode 9 of season 2 of newsroom last night and it was very feel goody. 

Anyone watch Bloody foreigners ? On More 4

First episode was about the battle of trafalgar , think there are 3 more episodes but not sure when as the NFL is on next week

Interesting program for any history buffs out there

I watched the whole of series one of BSG and it never really did anything for me (apart from the smoking hot blonde and Asian bird). Just seemed like a cheaply made Sci-Fi show and I'm not really into Sci-fi. I might give season 2 a go...

Tried to get through season two but god it was awful. Just the same thing ever week with a real team america world police feel. I think Rome could be next show of choice, is it good?

I'm two episodes away from finishing with Dexter. You'd think for the last series it would be epic, maybe he's on the run from the cops? Or he's caught and has to go the jail and survive in there? Or something quite intense. But series 8 has been so incredibly shit I actually don't think I can bring myself to watch the ending. Such a waste of time. Dexter started off great, slowly declined.

Edited by PieFacE

Finshed 'The Sopranos'.

It was great, obviously, but there are few problems: the therapy sessions begin as an interesting plot device but too many are very heavy handed and for the final three seasons, they really have no point other than to point out what we already know (Tony is a sociopath, and he doesn't want to change); the writing of black people is pretty **** awful, to put it mildly; there is effectively a whole season of the writers wondering WTF to do now after a certain important character died off screen; there are a lot of reused plots (new character comes along, becomes increasingly poisoned by Tony's influence, winds up dead); Janice.

But, the flaws aside, it is an excellent show, with (a bit like Mad Men) many of its best moments coming in stand alone episodes, that play out like short stories. I like that it asks a lot of its audience, and rewards those who pay attention to the little things (the ending, for example, is pretty obvious once you remember through the series and piece together a few things).

And yeah, the final 5 minutes are pretty **** brilliant. Oh, and of course, 'Pine Barrens'.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Â