Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

If you think that the final episode of The Sopranos is open to interpretation then you can't have been paying attention through the show . Tony's outcome was foreshadowed frequently .

Chase has come out since then and said it could be interpreted a number of ways, I agree though.

BSG complete series is down to £37 on amazon, is it worth a punt?

I'm not a huge fan of sci fi but keep hearing good things, I'm having shoulder reconstruction next week so I'm going to have plenty of time on my hands.

I'm not a huge fan of sci fi but keep hearing good things, I'm having shoulder reconstruction next week so I'm going to have plenty of time on my hands.

I've stalled on S02E14 and don't think I'll ever finish it. There are better programmes to watch, IMO. 

Have watched the first 2 episodes of the French crime/supernatural series The Returned and it is brilliant!!!!

In a nutshell, set in a small Alpine town suffering the effects of a school coach accident, leaving 40 children dead four years ago. One families grief is halted with the reappearence of their daughter (not zombiefied!), who died in the crash. The girl isn't the only villager to return from the grave either.

It was on C4 a few weeks back but possibly available still on their website?

Just started watching A Touch of Cloth, Charlie Brooker's parody of police dramas. Absolutely fantastic.

"Who was on the phone?"

"It was the boss. There's been another murder. He wants us to head on over there during the ad break"

"What?"

Ad break...followed by car pulling in to a drive.

For that price it's a bargain. You don't need to be a Sci Fi fan to like it. Just be ready to give it a chance. Watch it all regardless, it gets better and better.

I've stalled on S02E14 and don't think I'll ever finish it. There are better programmes to watch, IMO. 

So basically you stopped watching it right before it becomes really good. Bad move. 

I stopped watching Breaking Bad after the first 2 seasons. 2 years later I watched Season 3 & 4 and to say my opinion of the show changed would be an understatement. 

I like Newsroom season 2 so far. other views are certainly available and have been expressed,  :P but if you liked the first season you'll like the second

I have started the 3rd season of BSG a few days ago after a pause between seasons and I think the first 4-5 episodes in particular are just phenomenal TV tbh, definitely up there with the best I've seen on other shows, the amount they cram in, in terms of drama and analogy, from the war parable, holocaust trials, and terrorism is remarkable. 

Saul Tigh in particular, when he kills his wife

:o amazing stuff.

It's on Netflix which only costs £6 a month (with a month's free trial)

If you have a lot of time on your hands there's plenty of tv shows on there to keep you occupied.

Just started watching A Touch of Cloth, Charlie Brooker's parody of police dramas. Absolutely fantastic.

"Who was on the phone?"

"It was the boss. There's been another murder. He wants us to head on over there during the ad break"

"What?"

Ad break...followed by car pulling in to a drive.

Back in the incident-room, back in the old routine, DI Cloth (Hannah) demanded of his team they left no turn unstoned in the hunt for the suspect, and he did this in rhyme: "Who's his mother, who's his dad?/Has he read Beevor's Stalingrad? What's his height, what's his weight?/How often does he masturbate?"

I like Newsroom season 2 so far. other views are certainly available and have been expressed, :P but if you liked the first season you'll like the second

I have started the 3rd season of BSG a few days ago after a pause between seasons and I think the first 4-5 episodes in particular are just phenomenal TV tbh, definitely up there with the best I've seen on other shows, the amount they cram in, in terms of drama and analogy, from the war parable, holocaust trials, and terrorism is remarkable.

Saul Tigh in particular, when he kills his wife

:o amazing stuff.

it was aired during the occupation of Iraq when the number of American soldiers dying for suicide bombings was at its height.

To then go and make the case for suicide bombings of the Cylons and to actually empathise with them for doing that.

For me, that's the best piece of TV I've ever seen. Making an audience side with the suicide bombers at that time was just gutsy stuff.

So basically you stopped watching it right before it becomes really good. Bad move. 

It was becoming a chore to watch it. I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien instead of BSG recently and realised I could spend my viewing time more enjoyably than watching 30+ hours of this series. It has some fantastic episodes but I've never been totally invested in it. I've read about the conclusion and was surprised at some of the revelations.

Â