The New Condem Government

bickster

I've found myself agreeing with peterms a disconcertingly high number of times lately as well. :wacko:

was it a strange feeling being wrong ?    :D

I've developed a liking for celery, and am off to live in a commune of yoghurt knitters, where I'll quote macro-economic theory for hours on end!

Who concert tonight at the LG

Towards the end of the quadrophonia bit they scrolled through newspaper headlines of the 70's and 80's ....: the headline of thatcher elected Pm was greeted by loud boo's...: I thought of you guys

But then boo'd Blair when his image appeared :)

• Like 1

I see Tom Watson was missing the media spotlight and decided to resign

I thought it was supposed to be the government that had mid term wobbles and implosions  ..not the opposition :)

Economy growing , no double dip , no gaffs by Osborne in 2 days  , labours poll lead down to 5 % ,  ....   maybe 2015 isn't cut and dried after all

Tom Watson is a cracking MP and well respected in his constituency and also further afield due to the way he stuck his neck out regarding the phone hacking scandal.

Labour have handled this well and if anything Milliband has come out of this looking a much stronger leader.

As for 2015 election there is no way the Tories will get an overall majority, they haven't in over 20 years and their despicable actions over the last 3 years won't have improved their reputation only confirmed what most already know about that vindictive mob.

• Like 3

no double dip

Until the next revision...

I hope I'm wrong but I guess this will be trumpeted as some sort of success by the coalition?

the full article suggests they would find it hard to

but I'm sure that won't stop them .....

:P

I am loving how the Tory party and it's supporters are trying, and mostly failing, in attempts to shift scrutiny from the mess they are still making. It seems that they still see the only way of justifying what they do is to mention opposition parties. At least they are consistent on that, and when people like Shapp or whatever he is called this week mentions it you now things are looking somewhat problematic for the Tories.

Tony talks about the economy so called getting better, but fails to mention things like the report recently on items like the quite offensive practice of Zero hours contract that are "managing" jobless figures. Who again is getting richer from this Gvmt Tony? - could it be the "sponsors" of the Tories?

What about the recent reports about further cutbacks and the impact on Remploy? - I suppose we should forget that and concentrate on Tom Watson not wanting to be a member of a shadow cabinet? I know which story I find more interesting, but it does show the priorities of the Tory party I suppose when Watson is their main focus

What about the reports this week about Gove wanting private firms to run schools, I know let's brush that under the carpet and concentrate on the voter Polls (irony of which are still showing a Labour lead)

You see Tony, and other Tories, despite the usual and still feeble attempts to deflect people away from real issues that affect the UK, the reality is this GVmt is still screwing things up, looking after it#s "own" at the expense of the majority and is still riddled with inept and morally corrupt members from the very top right the way down to the Blue Rinse brigade moaning about "johnny Foreigner"

• Like 2

no double dip

Until the next revision...

I hope I'm wrong but I guess this will be trumpeted as some sort of success by the coalition?

the full article suggests they would find it hard to

but I'm sure that won't stop them .....

:P

tbf I didn't say it was a success , just that it hadn't happened :)

You see Tony, and other Tories, despite the usual and still feeble attempts to deflect people away from real issues that affect the UK,

who is winning Big Brother and The Voice ?

You see Tony, and other Tories, despite the usual and still feeble attempts to deflect people away from real issues that affect the UK,

who is winning Big Brother and The Voice ?

Is it George Galloway?

I am loving how the Tory party and it's supporters are trying, and mostly failing, in attempts to shift scrutiny from the mess they are still making. It seems that they still see the only way of justifying what they do is to mention opposition parties. At least they are consistent on that, and when people like Shapp or whatever he is called this week mentions it you now things are looking somewhat problematic for the Tories.

Tony talks about the economy so called getting better, but fails to mention things like the report recently on items like the quite offensive practice of Zero hours contract that are "managing" jobless figures. Who again is getting richer from this Gvmt Tony? - could it be the "sponsors" of the Tories?

What about the recent reports about further cutbacks and the impact on Remploy? - I suppose we should forget that and concentrate on Tom Watson not wanting to be a member of a shadow cabinet? I know which story I find more interesting, but it does show the priorities of the Tory party I suppose when Watson is their main focus

What about the reports this week about Gove wanting private firms to run schools, I know let's brush that under the carpet and concentrate on the voter Polls (irony of which are still showing a Labour lead)

You see Tony, and other Tories, despite the usual and still feeble attempts to deflect people away from real issues that affect the UK, the reality is this GVmt is still screwing things up, looking after it#s "own" at the expense of the majority and is still riddled with inept and morally corrupt members from the very top right the way down to the Blue Rinse brigade moaning about "johnny Foreigner"

I can't work out if this is aah but Tories or just deflection. 

After we debate for several pages about George Osborne eating a burger, raising a point about something which is even on the front page of the Guardian is classed as  attempting to shift scrutiny

Zero contract hours are not new, and definitely nothing to do with the Tories. 

We brought them into our workplace a few years ago.   

I can't remember exactly what was the catalyst for it, i think it was some employment law tweak about agencies which meant it was easier to hire on zero hours than through an agency.   Might have been something to do with TUPE law, i can't remember. 

Zero contract hours are not new, and definitely nothing to do with the Tories. 

We brought them into our workplace a few years ago.   

I can't remember exactly what was the catalyst for it, i think it was some employment law tweak about agencies which meant it was easier to hire on zero hours than through an agency.   Might have been something to do with TUPE law, i can't remember. 

You missed the point - no one said that they are the "work" of the Tories. BUT this week there has been a report about the massive rise in them and how they are beneficial to the employers and very much against the employee. They also skew the figures re the economy and especially the jobless figures, something that the Gvmt conveniently fail to discuss. They were in the past an agency thing which affected a very small part of the workforce. Now though they are becoming forced upon work forces.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/300000-people-on-zero-hours-contracts-in-social-care-alone-8688796.html

Which again isn't a product of Tory policy but a legacy of Labour's.

The growth in Zero Hours Contracts began way before this bunch of gobshites, the last lot of gobshites was responsible for that. The current lot just haven't cared to do anything about it.

There is still little difference between the ruling Tory Party and the opposition Tory Party. Different rhetoric for sure, same end result though.

• Like 1

Which again isn't a product of Tory policy but a legacy of Labour's.

The growth in Zero Hours Contracts began way before this bunch of gobshites, the last lot of gobshites was responsible for that. The current lot just haven't cared to do anything about it.

There is still little difference between the ruling Tory Party and the opposition Tory Party. Different rhetoric for sure, same end result though.

Gareth - you are arguing a different point

The Work foundation have been undertaking some studies on the whole matter

http://www.theworkfoundation.com/Events/Key-facts-about-zero-hours-contracts

The point being made is the claim made by Tony etc that things are getting better, when clearly facts show how more and more employees are being subjected to these wrong (IMO) working practices.

Although I support the trade unions, McCluskey must be the Torys' wet dream.

Well Labour have handed a file on the Falkirk debacle to the rozzers so I'd imagine Cameron et al. will be pissing themselves.

Â