The New Condem Government

bickster

""For a lot of people that Osborne affects 10 pounds is a massive amount of money. Osborne is responsible for some of the most vindictive attacks on those sorts of people, he then follows that up at his next round of punitive cuts by trying to show that he is "one of the people". Except he fails miserably because he does that by eating at a burger place that shall we say is not the norm for the man in the street - not many people pay 6.75 just for a burger now do they? The Tory party are run by an ex-marketing twunt, - they fail time after time at marketing ............... a media field day follows""

What about at football grounds were burgers and chips are very excessive more than 6.75 in some grounds but you wouldnt assosiate a majority these people as being wealthy? i can undertsand him being critised for his job but not on this, he just a human being who eats normal food like us

I think you have that the wrong way around, Tony. You have to prove (their) existence. ;)

I'm not mad enough (yet) to try and prove a negative. :P

Well here on VT from which I was basing my comment it has been stated numerous times in this very thread

That leaving the EU would mean that 'the EU suddenly refuses to do any business with us'?

Are you sure?

it's only 447 pages   .. i'm sure it won't take you long to find it

Tony - me thinks you are being somewhat mischievous again, you really should become a Tory councillor at least - but are probably too nice for that (see my facebook share !!) :-)

The point re the UK coming out of the EU and lack of trade is a well published one, lack of certain trade conditions will severely impact the UK and make the buyers look to more favourable markets. Somewhat different to what Tony is saying :-)

close enough

Here you go snowy :-)

For a lot of people that Osborne affects 10 pounds is a massive amount of money. Osborne is responsible for some of the most vindictive attacks on those sorts of people, he then follows that up at his next round of punitive cuts by trying to show that he is "one of the people". Except he fails miserably because he does that by eating at a burger place that shall we say is not the norm for the man in the street - not many people pay 6.75 just for a burger now do they? The Tory party are run by an ex-marketing twunt, - they fail time after time at marketing ............... a media field day follows

A tenner for something to eat while you're working late?  Every time I go to London I'm amazed at just how many franchise sandwich and coffee shops there are.  In some parts there seems to be a Pret a Manger, Costa, Coffee Republic or Starbucks every other shop.  Combined there must be thousands of them.  Go and get a sandwich, a latte and a packet of crisps or piece of cake from one of them and see how much change you have from ten pounds, it isn't much.  He's a bit of a tit for trying the "man of the people" thing on Twitter, but surely the cost of the burger is a complete non-story.  And obligatory right-wing comment coming up, but I bet lots of those people for whom £10 on a burger and chips is a lot wouldn't think twice about spending nearly £8 on a packet of fags.

but I bet lots of those people for whom £10 on a burger and chips is a lot wouldn't think twice about spending nearly £8 on a packet of fags.

throw the obligatory pint or two of wife beater in and you are well over budget

He deserves abuse for using twitter  , but other than that nothing to see  ..move on

Let's face it, if he'd have gone out to Maccies to get a burger the headline would be 'Economy in crisis and Osbourne stops work to grab a burger' or something daft.

you missed the other month where he popped in to get a McDonalds and in the meantime his driver moved the car into a disabled bay by the door then :)

surprised you missed it , the Mirror had it up there alongside the Holocaust in terms of crimes against humanity

Edited by tonyh29

Yeah this burger thing really is a load of testicles as far as Im concerned

Joking aside, I really don't have a problem with it. If he can afford a ten pound burger so be it

Not sure how Osbourne could win here.

Burger from a chain, posh burger, caviar and champagne don't think he could win if he ate any of them. His only error here was publishing the photo on twitter in the first place. I'm not interested in what he eats, just sort the economy out dimwit, then you can eat what you want and so can others too. Its the actual attempted spin that irritates me

• Like 2

close enough

Here you go snowy :-)

It's not though, is it, mate?

At the risk of being accused of being too serious ;) , doesn't this precisely support some of the points made above about the problems with how 'analysis' of the costs, benefits and otherwise of EU membership versus non membership would be considered and (ab)used.

He hasn't said that trade between the EU and UK would cease immediately upon UK withdrawal from the EU but that it would have a serious impact. You don't agree with that opinion but I don't think it serves us well to change someone else's argument in to something which it isn't. That tends to suggest to me that you don't give any consideration to the posibility that life outside the EU could have a negative impact on trade (though that may be a mistake on my part).

Not sure how Osbourne could win here.

I think both you, Tony and Risso got how - don't do the twitter picture/spin thing.

I would say sack the bod who came up with the damn fool idea but that was probably Osborne himself so I guess he'd have difficulty in doing that. It would be sweet of him if he were to try, though. :D

Edited by snowychap

""For a lot of people that Osborne affects 10 pounds is a massive amount of money. Osborne is responsible for some of the most vindictive attacks on those sorts of people, he then follows that up at his next round of punitive cuts by trying to show that he is "one of the people". Except he fails miserably because he does that by eating at a burger place that shall we say is not the norm for the man in the street - not many people pay 6.75 just for a burger now do they? The Tory party are run by an ex-marketing twunt, - they fail time after time at marketing ............... a media field day follows""

What about at football grounds were burgers and chips are very excessive more than 6.75 in some grounds but you wouldnt assosiate a majority these people as being wealthy? i can undertsand him being critised for his job but not on this, he just a human being who eats normal food like us

Dem - chalk / cheese mate

As said Osborne was using the whole "look at me eating the food of the masses" as a photo opp but he failed when it was shown that on the day when he announced even more acute cuts that will affect many of the more vulnerable, his street food was in fact something that most people would look at and think blimey that's expensive etc - as said a PR stunt again that has gone completely wrong. It's a bit similar to the fund-raiser recently for the Tory party where people were shown drinking expensive champagne, paying 90K for a bust of Cameron etc at a time when the Tory party is trying to continue with this message of being in it all together etc. When you have outlets like the Torygraph, Mail and Sun showing this up, you know they have screwed up

For a lot of people that Osborne affects 10 pounds is a massive amount of money. Osborne is responsible for some of the most vindictive attacks on those sorts of people, he then follows that up at his next round of punitive cuts by trying to show that he is "one of the people". Except he fails miserably because he does that by eating at a burger place that shall we say is not the norm for the man in the street - not many people pay 6.75 just for a burger now do they? The Tory party are run by an ex-marketing twunt, - they fail time after time at marketing ............... a media field day follows

A tenner for something to eat while you're working late?  Every time I go to London I'm amazed at just how many franchise sandwich and coffee shops there are.  In some parts there seems to be a Pret a Manger, Costa, Coffee Republic or Starbucks every other shop.  Combined there must be thousands of them.  Go and get a sandwich, a latte and a packet of crisps or piece of cake from one of them and see how much change you have from ten pounds, it isn't much.  He's a bit of a tit for trying the "man of the people" thing on Twitter, but surely the cost of the burger is a complete non-story.  And obligatory right-wing comment coming up, but I bet lots of those people for whom £10 on a burger and chips is a lot wouldn't think twice about spending nearly £8 on a packet of fags.

Mart - see my reply to Dem. You are getting hung up on the cost etc, when the point being raised is really about Osborne (and Tory party) screw up on marketing themselves as being in touch with the people 

Mart - see my reply to Dem. You are getting hung up on the cost etc, when the point being raised is really about Osborne (and Tory party) screw up on marketing themselves as being in touch with the people 

while no doubt a certain man leading a certain  party living in a £2.3m house can do  :P

Tony - that is very close to the "ahhh but Labour ........" :-)

Maybe the Tory party should employ the Saatchi's again for publicity. They seem to have a great record recently in getting the attention of people in eating establishments, real throat grabbing ......

Maybe the Tory party should employ the Saatchi's again for publicity. They seem to have a great record recently in getting the attention of people in eating establishments, real throat grabbing ......

Domestic abuse isn't remotely funny Drat.

But seeing as you brought it up, what do you say to a woman with two black eyes?  Nothing, you've told her twice already.

• Like 1

and that seems like a shameless attempt to link the Tory party to the actions of one person  ....

and that seems like a shameless attempt to link the Tory party to the actions of one person  ....

:-) - Tony stop being mischievous

I am old enough to remember the part that Saatchi's played in the Tory marketing spin of Thatcher and co. You do have to wonder what this lot are doing re publicity though. Maybe Richard Dunne has setup a marketing group, the amount of own goals would certainly be suited to something he was involved in

Why would the tories want to reduce the defict ? - its the best thing that has ever happened to them. They 'won' an election with a mandate to cut public services (where as usually the promise to make them 'more effeicent'  and 'more accountable'. The glee with wish they slash public services for the most vunerable sickens me. 

In a country where 10% of the people have 90% of the money, they need to divide and rule - and Benefit cuts and immigration provide the perfect diversion for them - UKIP is a fly in the ointment - but as they are right wing tories anyway - no more than a fly. Sadly the combination of benefit cuts, immigration will IMO win the tories and overall majority in 2015

• Like 1

:-) - Tony stop being mischievous

I am old enough to remember the part that Saatchi's played in the Tory marketing spin of Thatcher and co. You do have to wonder what this lot are doing re publicity though. Maybe Richard Dunne has setup a marketing group, the amount of own goals would certainly be suited to something he was involved in

tbf you're old enough to remember when William Pitt the Younger introduced the India Act :P

• Like 1

Â