The New Condem Government

bickster

"“Better to be bankrolled by dinner ladies and care assistants than hedge fund managers and bankers”

How true !

Funny how you never posted it though when Blair and Brown were courting the city of London :)

But drat, he did punch someone!

48th time you've posted this line , maybe 49th time lucky hey :)
  • Like 1

"“Better to be bankrolled by dinner ladies and care assistants than hedge fund managers and bankers”

How true !

Funny how you never posted it though when Blair and Brown were courting the city of London :)

Interesting argument Tony - especially when you look back at the backers of the Tory party and how long they have been ploughing millions into the coffers of the Tory party and how they are being looked after. But of course let's not let those facts get in the way of a deflection and ignorance of the facts eh? :-)

It's your own arguement that you've used many times, I'm just rendering it ridiculous ;)

• Like 1

How true !

Interesting argument Tony - especially when you look back at the backers of the Tory party and how long they have been ploughing millions into the coffers of the Tory party and how they are being looked after. But of course let's not let those facts get in the way of a deflection and ignorance of the facts eh? :-)

Well I guess if Labour hadn't deregulated the City and helped hedge funds flourish , you wouldn't have to resort to your usual cry of deflection would you :)

It's your own arguement that you've used many times, I'm just rendering it ridiculous ;)

context is everything so I'm sure Prescott twatting a member of public will come up again at some point :)

• Like 1

How true !

Well I guess if Labour hadn't deregulated the City and helped hedge funds flourish , you wouldn't have to resort to your usual cry of deflection would you :)

Fuuny how it all started under the Witch. From the terribly left wing FT

It wasn't "the Witch" who gave all the powers the Bank of England enjoyed to the utterly hopeless FSA, was it?  I think you'll find that was Gordon Brown.

• Like 1

How true !

tut tut quoting links behind paywalls  :P

you'll be blaming her for the 1929 great depression next .....

Tut Tut, talking bollocks, you could at least click the link to see if what you assumed to be true was correct.

And seriously do you think I'd pay to read an online article?

It wasn't "the Witch" who gave all the powers the Bank of England enjoyed to the utterly hopeless FSA, was it?  I think you'll find that was Gordon Brown.

And I take it you didn't click it either

At least Labour are prepared to fall out with their backers, same can't be said of the Tory party

Murdoch says Hi

Technically speaking at the time Labour fell out with Murdoch he wasn't backing them :P

Tut Tut, talking bollocks, you could at least click the link to see if what you assumed to be true was correct.

I clicked it and was offered a nice web page about paying money or I could take a boring survey about holidays and access the article for free

What has that got to do with funding the Tory party?

It wasn't "the Witch" who gave all the powers the Bank of England enjoyed to the utterly hopeless FSA, was it? I think you'll find that was Gordon Brown.

What has that got to do with funding the Tory party?

Oh do keep up :)

• Like 1

Odd every time I click it I get the article

Anyway upshot is the Witch started the ball rolling with deregulation, Brown just made it worse. Neither party is fit to govern

I clicked it and was offered a nice web page about paying money or I could take a boring survey about holidays and access the article for free

Anyway upshot is the Witch started the ball rolling with deregulation, Brown just made it worse. Neither party is fit to govern

I had to answer two questions so two clicks of mouse which took me all of 5 seconds. I could then read the full article.

Edited by markavfc40

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2013/07/union-linked-candidate-margaret-thatcher-in-corrupt-selection/

Here’s a union-linked candidate that the Tories probably won’t be complaining about: Margaret Thatcher, once a member of a Unite precursor union, the Association of Scientific workers.

Mrs  Thatcher’s biographer, former Telegraph editor Charles Moore, explained how Maggies selection vote was rigged by Haden Blatch the then chairman of Finchley Conservative Association:

“Mrs Thatcher had not really won the vote. Her rival, Thomas Langton, had just pipped her. Blatch senior, however, was very keen on Mrs Thatcher”

Blatch had explained the matter to his son, who got in contact with Moore after Thatcher’s death:

“‘I “lost” two of Langton’s votes,’ he told his son, and he announced her victory.”

• Like 1

tut tut quoting links behind paywalls :P

I had to answer two questions so two clicks of mouse which took me all of 5 seconds. I could then read the full article.

I'm clearly a busier man than you :)

I did the first one then decided at the second that it was going to be too much of a chore and aborted

Edited by tonyh29

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2013/07/union-linked-candidate-margaret-thatcher-in-corrupt-selection/

Here’s a union-linked candidate that the Tories probably won’t be complaining about: Margaret Thatcher, once a member of a Unite precursor union, the Association of Scientific workers.

Mrs Thatcher’s biographer, former Telegraph editor Charles Moore, explained how Maggies selection vote was rigged by Haden Blatch the then chairman of Finchley Conservative Association:

“Mrs Thatcher had not really won the vote. Her rival, Thomas Langton, had just pipped her. Blatch senior, however, was very keen on Mrs Thatcher”

Blatch had explained the matter to his son, who got in contact with Moore after Thatcher’s death:

“‘I “lost” two of Langton’s votes,’ he told his son, and he announced her victory.”

Call the police!

:-)

Ahh but ... At its finest :)

• Like 1

Â