Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I would like to see us having a look at Annan from Rosenborg. I thought he was immense in the World Cup. We really could do with a 'makalele' player in our team who works effectively. Does the simple things well and keeps us ticking over by just sitting infront of the back 4.

Congratulations! You've just described Stilian Petrov.

In essence, yes. For a full 90 mins? Possibly not.

I appreciate what Stan does for the team, and Im certainly not gonna start another Petrov bash, but we need to ensure that when he tires, the team doesn't tire.

NRC was probably brought in to do that job originally (but that hasn't worked a la Sidders), but with these players becoming vital in modern football, we might need to have a look for someone who can come in and do that job aswell. Perhaps even in some kind of crazy rotation system maybe if Stan isn't 100%? :wink:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not speculation or any thing but I was wondering if any one knows much about Hedwiges Maduro, I remember him playing in the under 21's for holand a few years back and he looked pretty decent if I remember correctly

defensive midfielder I think, looked like quite a big lad who wouldn't be knocked about (at that level any way)

cant remember where he plays now I think its valencia or somewhere like that

Maduro's deployed (when he gets a game, that is) in defence by Valencia, but he hasn't really been able to force his way into the team ahead of Dealbert, Alexis, Marchena or Mathieu. Take from that what you will, I'd say we could (and should) set our sights a little higher.

And the ones he got right, you found them yet?

He mentioned Warnock/Downing in March of last year before we signed them in the summer. He got the Milner one right, and he knew about the interest in Manolev before anyone picked up on it.

Fair point and up until the Distin agent renagued on the deal we weren't but changed our attention once MON was let down .

I also got the Defoe one wrong aswell !

To be fair MM I don't think you need to justify yourself to anyone.

No-one's perfect but if I were to ever place a bet following an ITK on here it would be from you.....awwww xox

Fair point and up until the Distin agent renagued on the deal we weren't but changed our attention once MON was let down .

No-one's perfect but if I were to ever place a bet following an ITK on here it would be from you.....awwww xox

Amen to that, brother!

(^^ Not sure if you've heard, it's the new "this")

Not only does he not need to justify himself; the nature of the transfer market is that it IS an ever-changing animal. As MM mentons wrt Distin, things CAN be fact one day and not the next. People ignore, or don't realise, this when making accusations. Though it does make spotting the bullshitters that bit harder because they too can just say "well the facts changed, I was right at the time".

Amen to that, brother!

(^^ Not sure if you've heard, it's the new "this")

So I've heard......what was wrong with:

'^^

This'

Simple and effective if you ask me..........seems a bit of a fingerful to type out amen to that bruvva!