Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness I have came to accept the quietness at Villa these days. And also it is pretty quiet every where else. Be rest assured though that behind the scenes it will be quite frantic.

Do people buy these stories going around about us being unable to find buyers for the fringe players like Shorey & Young because of their wages & this blocking our ability to buy new players. I know this whole sell to buy thing has been a misinterpretation of Randy's words but maybe there is no smoke without fire?

But why would you be not prepared to take a wage cut to go elsewhere if it meant you were actually playing?

But why would you be not prepared to take a wage cut to go elsewhere if it meant you were actually playing?

Because greed is never satisfied.

Or, to put it another way, would you take a pay cut to go to a place where the only difference is that they are willing to train you?

The Times says we're in for Bayer Leverkusen's Switzerland international midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta.

Never heard of him?

So they either got that rumour from VT or Twitter. I reckon 99% of the people on this site could be a "sport reporter".

I'll see if I can pre-empt Tomorrow's "news"...

I've heard from a friend near the club that we're going to make a bid for Javier Mascherano. He's not confident that Liverpool have ambition and he has fallen out with Rafa Benitez so won't move to Italy. The rumour is that we're putting in a £10m bid as soon as we sell Milner.

The Times says we're in for Bayer Leverkusen's Switzerland international midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta.

Never heard of him?

So they either got that rumour from VT or Twitter. I reckon 99% of the people on this site could be a "sport reporter".

I've heard from a friend near the club that we're going to make a bid for Javier Mascherano. He's not confident that Liverpool have ambition and he has fallen out with Rafa Benitez so won't move to Italy. The rumour is that we're putting in a £10m bid as soon as we sell Milner.

i hope this isn't true,Mascherano is shite!!..

We are always quiet around transfer windows, do we never learn?

Summer 2008 - 7 players in, 5 out

Summer 2009 - 6 in, 4 out

Yes, we're well quiet around transfer windows, god i wish we'd sign a player now and again....

Though we do sign a lot of players in some windows, it's still silent around VP. Nothing comes out for weeks and then all of a sudden we'll sign 3 players in 3 days. Maybe that's what swaib2004 meant

Yeah...It's a bit too quiet for my liking.

There is only one explanation...

dawn-zombies.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

has david moyes died his hair?

The one behind with the long hair looks a bit like a cross between Marilyn Manson & Milan Baros

Lady GaGa then.

Never heard of him?

i hope this isn't true,Mascherano is shite!!..

I fully agree, but I can only presume that you missed the part in that very post that says he's making it up?

I would like to see us having a look at Annan from Rosenborg. I thought he was immense in the World Cup. We really could do with a 'makalele' player in our team who works effectively. Does the simple things well and keeps us ticking over by just sitting infront of the back 4.

I would like to see us having a look at Annan from Rosenborg. I thought he was immense in the World Cup. We really could do with a 'makalele' player in our team who works effectively. Does the simple things well and keeps us ticking over by just sitting infront of the back 4.

Congratulations! You've just described Stilian Petrov.