Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham have lodged a bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Harry Redknapp is determined to bolster his squad ahead of the transfer deadline on Tuesday, especially after earning qualification to the UEFA Champions League group phase.

He has been linked with several top players and has never hidden his admiration for England international Young.

Speculation about the 25-year-old's future has increased since Martin O'Neill's departure from Villa earlier this month and the club's recent exit from Europe.

Redknapp has previously admitted that it would be difficult to prise Young away from Villa but Spurs are now thought to have tested their resolve with a firm offer.

Villa have yet to respond to the proposal and Tottenham will have to work quickly if they are to push through a deal in the next couple of days, but the Midlands club appear keen to keep the winger.

Tried the tapping up now for the bed, how many times, **** off Redknapp.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion who I can't believe is still available after the season he had last year. It would be another really late one as I was only reminded of him this morning reading about him having a medical at Hoffenheim.

Gylfi Sigurdsson.

He's that Reading winger who took Liverpool apart and did really well against us. He scored something silly like 23 goals from the left wing and could probably be got for £4/5m. Really impressive tricky winger I think. Not exactly what we need, but if you look at Young as a central in-the-hole player we've only got Albrighton and Downing for the wings atm. He'd be a millions times better than Stew.

Just a suggestion who I can't believe is still available after the season he had last year. It would be another really late one as I was only reminded of him this morning reading about him having a medical at Hoffenheim.

Gylfi Sigurdsson.

He's that Reading winger who took Liverpool apart and did really well against us. He scored something silly like 23 goals from the left wing and could probably be got for £4/5m. Really impressive tricky winger I think. Not exactly what we need, but if you look at Young as a central in-the-hole player we've only got Albrighton and Downing for the wings atm. He'd be a millions times better than Stew.

Hoffenheim have just bid 4m for him. Good shout though.

Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Hoffenheim have just bid 4m for him. Good shout though.

Agree.