Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannavaro was high profile player.

Zola, Cudicini, Toni , Panucci and even Rossi were rarely capped when playing abroad. Morgan De Sanctis didnt play for Italy for 4 years and was called up this year when he returned home. Also Aquilani and Dossena never made Italy squad when at Liverpool when regulars before.

Coincidence

Those players had a lot of competition to face and mainly by players who were just plain better than them.

Aquilani hardly played this season and Dossena never shined so they too weren't called up.

It's not a coincidence that players who aren't the best the country has produced or have been hideously off-form are not called up to the national side.

Kallstrom is on a free, and he'd be an amazing pick up for us if we could get him. He's like Petrov, but younger and faster.

Källström's hardly the quickest! And he's only just over a couple of years younger than Petrov.

I'd still have liked to have seen us sign him though, purely because we share a first name!

cannavaro was high profile player.

Zola, Cudicini, Toni , Panucci and even Rossi were rarely capped when playing abroad. Morgan De Sanctis didnt play for Italy for 4 years and was called up this year when he returned home. Also Aquilani and Dossena never made Italy squad when at Liverpool when regulars before.

Coincidence

Paolo Rossi never played outside Italy....did he?

Attacker Mohammed Fellah and Midfielder Harmeet Singh have been a revelation at Valeranga over the last 18 months.

Even if he turned out to be crap, surely the opportunity to have "Fellah" on the back of a shirt is too good to pass up. :D

Off on a slight tangent here, but if it's bargains from the Tippeligaen we're looking for I wouldn't mind Mikael Lustig from Rosenborg; promising young RB who can tackle (always a handy trait for a defender, non?), deliver a cross and also knows where the back of the net is (it's that way Emile. No, that way. No, no, that's the floor, get up off the fl... *sigh* I give up).

This has to be the most dreary, boring transfer window under MON to date. 20th July and no concrete news on players. We are waiting around on City nabbing Milner. We have been linked with McGeady over the past two days. Says it all really.

This has to be the most dreary, boring transfer window under MON to date. 20th July and no concrete news on players. We are waiting around on City nabbing Milner. We have been linked with McGeady over the past two days. Says it all really.

To be fair look at Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham, Sunderland, Newcastle. With the exception of a couple of mediocre and youth signings the transfer market is completely stagnant. Even around Europe Madrid, Barca, Juve, Inter very few clubs are conducting any transfer business. Once players start returning from post World Cup holidays the market will begin moving again.

The World cup distracted me from the usual transfer speculation for most this summer.

And expected very little this window this time round anyway.

Madrid and Barca have already signed players. United have already signed players. My point is we seem to be no closer to our first signing whatsoever.

Maybe I'm just an impatient so and so. :P