Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, unless he's serious and would take a wage cut to become a key figure in a team.

Never was there a more over rated player than Joe Cole

Remember how he was the answer to our world cup prayers !!

Yeah and maybe if he was given a start, he might of done something. :?

Who knows, maybe if Harewood had been given a start, he might have done something as well.

He and Cole probably played about as well as each other for the last twelve months.

:? What a pointless post. Joe Cole has been consistantly excellent for England on the left and one of our best players for about 2 years before his injuries. Since then, I admit he's struggled but what the hell was the point of the comparison with Harewood.

What a pointless post. Joe Cole has been consistantly excellent for England on the left and one of our best players for about 2 years before his injuries. Since then, I admit he's struggled but what the hell was the point of the comparison with Harewood.

I think Cole is a good player but I think you are going a bit far there.

To be honest about Joe Cole, he looked far more creative than any of the other England players when he was brought on. Maybe it was just a change in team mentality but when Cole came on England looked more dangerous offensively.

He also played very well in the last few weeks of the league season in my opinion; he looked like he was coming back into form from his injury.

Changing the player a bit here but why has nobody mentioned Clint Dempsey? He was linked with AC Milan in the paper yesterday after Hodgson leaving. Great replacement if we sold Milner and I doubt he would cost much either. Or even Michael Bradley or Landon Donovan perhaps? Those Americans aren't no pushovers, they really surprised me in the world cup - fair play to them!

Changing the player a bit here but why has nobody mentioned Clint Dempsey? He was linked with AC Milan in the paper yesterday after Hodgson leaving. Great replacement if we sold Milner and I doubt he would cost much either. Or even Michael Bradley or Landon Donovan perhaps? Those Americans aren't no pushovers, they really surprised me in the world cup - fair play to them!

Good call always rated Dempsey and think he is a smashing player

I think we should go after Belhadj. Pompey have just gone down and need money. And he really impressed me during the World Cup. Only 28. Would provide much needed competition for Warnock on the left.

I think we should go after Belhadj. Pompey have just gone down and need money. And he really impressed me during the World Cup. Only 28. Would provide much needed competition for Warnock on the left.

Oh NO

I would consider not supporting Aston Villa anymore if that loser signed

To be honest about Joe Cole, he looked far more creative than any of the other England players when he was brought on. Maybe it was just a change in team mentality but when Cole came on England looked more dangerous offensively.

He also played very well in the last few weeks of the league season in my opinion; he looked like he was coming back into form from his injury.

I dont remember England having a chance whenever Joe cole came on.

I wouldn't want Belhadj simply because he's a dirty bastard. Remember back when we thought Craig Gardner was a Villa fan, he took chunks out of his knees.

One player I think we really should be putting an offer in for is Kevin-Prince Boateng. (Not just from his WC performances, I've wanted us to put an offer in for him since last season. He was one of Pompey's best players and is only 23)

EDIT: Also - As we're going to be selling Sidwell, possibly Milner, Stan getting old, already sold Gardner & NRC possible leaving. He'd be a great bit of cover for centre midfield.

I wouldn't want Belhadj simply because he's a dirty bastard. Remember back when we thought Craig Gardner was a Villa fan, he took chunks out of his knees.

One player I think we really should be putting an offer in for is Kevin-Prince Boateng. (Not just from his WC performances, I've wanted us to put an offer him for him since last season. He was one of Pompey's best players and is only 23)

Defo KP Boateng. Quality player.

Belhadj never even got sent off for that ridiculous challenge on Gardner. Its one of the worst tackles ive ever seen