Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I think they are over-exaggerating. Apparently he has been fairly poor this year but let's not get stupid about this. Before this year, he was excellent for them, Djemba-Djemba was an embaressment and not good to play in the Premiership itself. Carrick is an excellent player playing very badly.

Carrick is an average player who is now reverting to type after the second decent season of his career.

This. Carrick is a poor to average player and I prefer Petrov than him as Petrov actually does try to get control, has more speed, better passing and not afraid to tackle.

I dont even rate Petrov

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun has us linked with Adam Matthews the 18-year-old right back from Cardiff.

They also say that he would replace Luke Young who is set to join West Ham.

(I would have started a topic but I have no access to the Sun's website)

I think we've been linked to him before, so not sure whether there's much in this "rumour"..

The Sun has us linked with Adam Matthews the 18-year-old right back from Cardiff.

They also say that he would replace Luke Young who is set to join West Ham.

(I would have started a topic but I have no access to the Sun's website)

I think we've been linked to him before, so not sure whether there's much in this "rumour"..

Seen this guy play a couple of times seems very good but will probably be expensive? Shame about Luke Y always liked him and it would be a shame to see him leave. Maybe there is some truth in the rumour he wants to mob=ve back to the smoke?

Matthews is a talented prospect, similar to Nathaniel Clyne at Palace. I'd be happy with either of these tbh. Getting Beye off the wage bill would probably pay for both of their wages combined!

Shame to see L Young probably going. Never really got given a chance this season, and we're gonna make a loss on the 'over inflated price' we paid for him.

Can either of Clyne or Matthews also play at left-back?

I like the idea of us buying a few more up-and-coming youngsters as backups.

Delfouneso, Delph, Albrighton, Clark and then Clyne/ Matthews etc.. bright future and all that!

This is the same poor/mediocre Carrick who started in England's midfield against Mexico. Fergie & Capello. 2 shite managers eh? What are we all doing on here when we should clearly be highly paid professional football managers :lol:

This is the same poor/mediocre Carrick who started in England's midfield against Mexico. Fergie & Capello. 2 shite managers eh? What are we all doing on here when we should clearly be highly paid professional football managers :lol:

That I've asked myself too many times. Guess it's because it wouldn't be fair to the other managers such as those two imbecille suckers you mentioned. :nod:

Eh?

Managers make mistakes. Sorry, when I see all those misplaced passes I am clearly misinterpreting the grand plan for Carrick! Francis Jeffers has played for England and is now on the bench of some crappy league one side. Carrick has been good in the past, and at United there is talent around him that can carry shite / underperforming invididuals from time to time. mOst mancs I know say he's been very poor all year round, by the same token Gerrard has been very poor all year round acknowledged even by the most defensive of scousers. Yet he's guaranteed to start - partly and to an extent reasonably enough - based on his achievements to date with England.

Otherwise shit let's just shutdown messageboards and close our mouths for heaven forbid we have individual thoughts and opinions of our own.

Eh?

Managers make mistakes. Sorry, when I see all those misplaced passes I am clearly misinterpreting the grand plan for Carrick! Francis Jeffers has played for England and is now on the bench of some crappy league one side. Carrick has been good in the past, and at United there is talent around him that can carry shite / underperforming invididuals from time to time. mOst mancs I know say he's been very poor all year round, by the same token Gerrard has been very poor all year round acknowledged even by the most defensive of scousers. Yet he's guaranteed to start - partly and to an extent reasonably enough - based on his achievements to date with England.

Otherwise shit let's just shutdown messageboards and close our mouths for heaven forbid we have individual thoughts and opinions of our own.

He must have been at least half decent before his move to Manchester to even get there...no? :?

See above

"Carrick has been good in the past"

However he was never an £18milion player and at the moment he is playing very poorly. To the extent he's only in the England squad because he's been there before and most managers are afraid of change. Why risk Huddlestone or whoever when you know that at some point this Carrick fella might play like I have seen him do so at some point in the past.

Eh?

what achievements to date with England?

It's widely accepted that Gerrard is in general a shadow of his usual self when playing for England.

I don't think anyone's saying you don't deserve an opinion but when your opinion goes against that of experts (i.e. actual football managers) it can be difficult to take it seriously.

Isiah Osbourne is an average poor - to - average footballer, Michael Carrick quite blatantly isn't.

Carrick has done very well for an 'average' player.

good PR and agent can do that for you plus helps that he is English :)

Playing the whole game in two Champions League finals and winning one of them (scoring a pen in the shootout in the process) takes a lot more than a good agent. Nationality has nothing to do with it; you could even argue being English has had a negative effect due the pressure and scrutiny from the press.

Carew isn't good enough for where we want to be. Shall we put away sentimentality in order to succeed?

Or shall we cling on to Carew in the hope he'll pop up with a decent run of form now and again, whilst at the same time doing sweet **** all for the team.

As I said with Darren Bent, I couldn't give a rats arse if he scored 20 a season and stole the show. If he doesn't contribute enough to the team then he can take his ego and **** off. Unless he starts pulling his weight then sod it, he should move on.

Why get rid of a player that has scored 0.42 goals for every match he has played for Aston Villa (52 goals in all competitions in 119 matches - of which he started in 98 matches) and keep Heskey and Agbonlahor, who does not score as much as Carew when on the pitch?