Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

birmingham agree 6m fee with valencia for nikola zigic. sky sports news. irritates me that we miss out on good opportunity's because we wait so late to do bussiness.

Maybe we just weren't interested? Or looking at other targets? It's still May though so hardly leaving late now is it?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

birmingham agree 6m fee with valencia for nikola zigic. sky sports news. irritates me that we miss out on good opportunity's because we wait so late to do bussiness.

don't worry mate we've got the first choice England striker :?

I guess he's good on FIFA, as to be honest he aint even that good. Getting on a bit too.

Maybe we just weren't interested? Or looking at other targets? It's still May though so hardly leaving late now is it?

If Žigić manages more than 5 goals in the Premiership I'd be amazed. At least he'll fit in with the rest of the Basketcase 2-esque freakshow at the Sty.

Everybody else has quoted you on this page so I'm going to aswell. :lol:

No need to worry, we've got better targets lined up without a doubt. Besides it's only May and the official window isn't even open yet.

Ah yes, I'm back with a new team or 2;

- Friedel -

- Young - Cuellar - Dunne - Warnock -

- Babel - Ireland - Petrov - Young -

- Bellamy - Gabby -

- Friedel -

- Young - Ireland - Petrov - Downing

- Babel - Gabby/Heskey -

- Friedel -

- Bellamy - Gabby -

- Friedel -

- Babel - Gabby/Heskey -

I think we are missing a destroyer in that side imo someone who can break up play and sit as an anchor man it would work in a 4-5-1 but i dont think ireland has the same workrate as milner to help stan out in a 4-4-2 i also think ireland will get forward alot more leaving stan exposed which isnt good

- Friedel -

- Bellamy - Gabby -

- Friedel -

- Babel - Gabby/Heskey -

Babel's brainless. His pace does him okay, but I don't think he'd be much good as a winger in 442.

And I have serious doubts that Petrov-Ireland would work against many teams. Would just get outrun & overcrowded by anyone playing 451/433.

From the links, something like:

Petrov-Ireland-Parker

would give a strong basis in the centre.

Then I'd be looking at Young and Gabby playing either side of a new striker/Carew.

This assuming we cash in on Milner.

Why would we want Zigic when we've already got someone around the same height as him, around the same age and someone who is a lot better than him anyway. Carew is a lot better than him

We need a striker who scores goals! And even if we don't get a striker in the summer, I think MON will play Delfouneso more and Delfouneso is the most natural goalscorer we have at the club

---------------Friedel---------------

Young--Cuellar--Dunne--Warnock

--------------Petrov-----------------

---------Milner-------Ireland-------

--N'Zogbia--------------------Young

---------------Agbonlahor-----------

Bench: Guzan, Clyne, Collins, Reo-Coker, Downing, Keane, Delfouneso.

Then rotate from there, 4-4-2 with Keane and Gabby and Reo-Coker and Milner central midfield etc...

let Beye (1), Sidwell (4), Heskey (2), Carew (4), Shorey (3) all leave. Keane (8), N'Zogbia (14), Ireland (7), Clyne (2), Koren (free transfer just for back-up while Delph is recovering)....probably overall needed about £20 million net spend about.

I like the look of that squad AVFC-POB but I'm not too sure about N'Zogbia.

Maybe it's because he's playing with Wigan, or maybe it's because I haven't watched him as much as others - but I tend to think that he either has a game where he scores a blinder or he has a tendancy to go missing..

Then rotate from there, 4-4-2 with Keane and Gabby and Reo-Coker and Milner central midfield etc...

let Beye (1), Sidwell (4), Heskey (2), Carew (4), Shorey (3) all leave. Keane (8), N'Zogbia (14), Ireland (7), Clyne (2), Koren (free transfer just for back-up while Delph is recovering)....probably overall needed about £20 million net spend about.

If we started the season with this line up and squad i would be a very happy man but its highly unlikely, Luke is off, O'neill loves Downing and Keane wont sit on the bench

Forgot Davies. Unless he can't even make your bench. :)

But Carew is definitely worth keeping IMO

The young players will learn a lot from him and when he does turn up, he is the best striker we have.

I'd agree that we probably should let him go if a good offer comes in for him, like a £6 million offer but I wouldn't want to see him go for £4 million when we're not going to get a better player for that amount of money