Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I know he's only had one season in the prem but I really think that Kalinic is going to be one hell of a player. He has impressed me alot and as he has adapted more throughout the season has started to look a very shrewd piece of business by the Dudley lardarse. I'd most definitely take a punt on him. In the right team he'll be something special and at only 22 his fee, once we decide or he does to move on, will be rather hefty!

Oh no, not again. If he hadnt of hit the post twice and scored twice against us - You would not be saying this

Do you honestly think I'd pass judgment on a player from one **** game? I don't play FM or whatever it is called now. I rate the kid okay!

Yeah I do, cos hes dun jack shit else, and it was over 2 games :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's only had one season in the prem but I really think that Kalinic is going to be one hell of a player. He has impressed me alot and as he has adapted more throughout the season has started to look a very shrewd piece of business by the Dudley lardarse. I'd most definitely take a punt on him. In the right team he'll be something special and at only 22 his fee, once we decide or he does to move on, will be rather hefty!

Oh no, not again. If he hadnt of hit the post twice and scored twice against us - You would not be saying this

Do you honestly think I'd pass judgment on a player from one **** game? I don't play FM or whatever it is called now. I rate the kid okay!

Yeah I do, cos hes dun jack shit else, and it was over 2 games :D

To be fair mate Heskey has done Jack shit really this season and he's apparently a seasoned pro who is most likely going to the world cup. Plus Ash Young didn't set the world on fire when he first came to us. As I said, it's his first season in the Prem so he's had to adapt, and as the season has gone on he's started to look more at ease as the season has gone on. Plus he is at Blackburn. Not exactly the providers of alot of chances really. I really think he can only improve and be a quality player at the right club... which aint Blackburn!

Agreed on Kalinic, not sure how far he can go but he's looked useful against good quality defenders on a couple of occasions now.

Not sure how much he would improve us though and as such would not be high on my wanted list.

I also believe Kalinic has all the right ability and attributes to become a very good player. He's better than Blackburn IMO. Blackburn's style is a horrible one for most strikers IMO, he has the quality to be a better player than where he is at right now.

I would agree with that from what I have seen. He has a real phyical presence but looks like he is a footballer as well. I think he could go on to become the genuine article BUT so could Nathan. I am not sure we need two striking prospects at this point and, if given the choice, would take Doyle over Kalanic.

Aurelio is on a free from Liverpool.

Most likely destination is abroad.

but would offer some protection at left back if anything happened to Warnock.

he is 30, sign him on a two year, i think would be good.

I really am not that keen on Ireland, absolutely mad and suspect attitude, I don't want the hassle, his ability isn't enough to make me think he'd be worth the hassle his head will bring with him.

I was beginning to think i was the only Villa fan who felt like this

IMO selling Milner and getting Ireland would be a disaster

Selling someone who runs themselves into the ground every game, always gives 110% and strives to improve himself, and replacing them with someone who has previously stated that he doesn't like football and has little interest in the game, he's just good at it!

Dunne would welcome Ireland at Villa

Defender Richard Dunne would welcome Stephen Ireland to Aston Villa if his time at Manchester City comes to an end this summer.

The Republic of Ireland international made the same move last summer and amid speculation that Ireland could follow him to Villa Park, would be happy to see him do just that.

Speaking as he launched the Football Association of Ireland's Goal to Work programme in Kilinarden today, Dunne said: "He had a bit of a stop and start season last year after the previous season, when he was unbelievable.

"I think Stephen would say himself that he wants to get more games and play more regularly, and if that's not at Manchester City, he would be more than welcome at Villa.

"Everyone in the Premier League knows on his day how good he can be, and he would be a great addition to any side."

Would be great, and an even bigger bonus if we KEPT MILNER!

http://tinyurl.com/Ireland-Villa

Ireland would be my number one transfer target regardless of what happens to Milner.

We need more steel in the centre of the field and Ireland has it in abundance. Whilst not the stereotypical midfield destroyer his presence completely changed the game when he came on at Villa Park.

Is he the passer of the ball we need though? Thats not a rhetorical question, im just unsure of how good he is in this field. We're still looking for the Barry replacement who can pick out Young on the left time after time.

"I think Stephen would say himself that he wants to get more games and play more regularly, and if that's not at Manchester City, he would be more than welcome at Villa. Everyone in the Premier League knows on his day how good he can be, and he would be a great addition to any side."

Well said Richard and I'm sure he willl have been telling the player the same thing directly.