Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can always sign players.. but they can't join before the July 1st.

Just like in FM

You can get them to sign a pre-contract agreement but they cannot sign "properly" until July 1st.

Keane? Someone else to lay the ball off in the middle of the park and leasurely jog into the box, we need a proper shit goal poacher, someone to stay central, not keane, and dont bite to mrsmalljob! Kit, transfers, summers are slow at the villa!

I think some people on here said they would cry if we signed Dunne last year and how did that turn out.

Keane can be a poacher as well. 41 goals for Ireland is brilliant compared to for example Torres with 23 goals at international level especially in a team that doesnt create a lot of chances

Keane? Someone else to lay the ball off in the middle of the park and leasurely jog into the box, we need a proper shit goal poacher, someone to stay central, not keane, and dont bite to mrsmalljob! Kit, transfers, summers are slow at the villa!

Actually, considering we lose the ball a lot in the final third, a links-man is probably brilliant and he is a poacher too, always on the end of things. We need some magic in there and he COULD be the player who unlocks things for us when we struggle at home.

Is the window open yet or is it still a couple of weeks away?..

July 1st.

Last year Gareth Barry signed for Man City at the beginning of June, there's also other transfers annouced around that time, like when the Luke Moore deal was done with West Brom.

So how does that work?

I know they sometimes they sign and join the club at the end of the season, something similar to that i take it? I thought it was June.

Hasn't it?

A blog, I think it's called - Caught Offside

Manchester City Line Up £45m Aston Villa Duo Move: Mancini Wants Agbonlahor and Ashley Young

Manchester City will this summer attempt an audacious Villa Park raid as they look to sign England pair Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young.

Roberto Mancini has placed both attackers at the top of his summer wish list and hopes to convince the duo that they are more likely to fulfill their Champions League aspirations at Eastlands than at Aston Villa.

Mancini is looking to increase his ‘homegrown’ contingent ahead of the new Premier League regulations set to come into force next season and believes that a bid in the region of £45m could tempt Randy Lerner into cashing in on the pair, especially after seeing his side fail to break into the top four.

Having persuaded former Villa captain Gareth Barry to make just such a move, Manchester City hope to make a successful move for both players by offering them huge pay increases. Gabriel Agbonlahor has had the best season of his career but was unable to force his way into the England’s provisional World Cup squad and left winger Ashley Young was similarly overlooked by Fabio Capello.

Roberto Mancini is apparently keen on reshuffling his City pack and wants to refresh his attacking options and sees the intelligent England pair as just the players to help him push towards the top four next season.

That describes Young and Agbonlahor as "the intelligent England pair" I think on that basis alone we can rule it out.

(If not let's at least hold out for £50m!)

I think some people on here said they would cry if we signed Dunne last year and how did that turn out.

Keane can be a poacher as well. 41 goals for Ireland is brilliant compared to for example Torres with 23 goals at international level especially in a team that doesnt create a lot of chances

Point 1- Keane has possibly played more games

Point 2- When players score on an International level, i really don't read too much into it as they could have played San Marino about 4 times within their career and end up scoring 10 in total against one side. Crouch is the prime example to a shit player scoring a few goals on the International scene and everyone thinks he's brilliant, stick him against a decent side and he does nothing.