Jez

If Houllier had signed Riise people would've hit the roof calling him past it and another attempt at Houllier to re-sign all his old Liverpool gang. Now we're disappointed he has gone unchallenged to Fulham? I am confuse.

Joey Barton can't go and train with his team in America. He was denied a visa so he has to train in the netherlands with the reserves. Pretty damn funny if you ask me.

i remember same happened to Patrick Kluivert a few years ago

If Houllier had signed Riise people would've hit the roof calling him past it and another attempt at Houllier to re-sign all his old Liverpool gang. Now we're disappointed he has gone unchallenged to Fulham? I am confuse.

If I remember correctly there was a topic/post about him and we was linked with him under Houllier too..

Without wanting to turn this into another Villa transfer topic, that certainly wouldn't have been the case for me. I supported Houllier and all his signings throughout and I would have said Riise was a good signing regardless of who the manager was.

yeah me too, id have judged him on being better than warnock, being able to play LW if we really needed him to and he could take our set pieces, i know he's 30 but IMO he'd have ticked a fair few boxes

i actually had alot of faith in GH turning us around during this transfer window :(

Le Standard de Liège et le Benfica Lisbonne ont conclu en ce début d’après-midi l’accord qui permettra à Axel WITSEL de s’engager ce soir pour 5 ans avec le club lisboète.

Witsel signed a deal with Benfica for 5 years.

Joey Barton can't go and train with his team in America. He was denied a visa so he has to train in the netherlands with the reserves. Pretty damn funny if you ask me.

yet he was apparently there last month on holiday it seems..

Well now I am confused.

Maybe there are different requirement for a tourist visa and a working visa?

Yeah, do not need a visa in the USA as long as the stay is under a particular length

Ranger also didnt get in but no mention of him in the media. The anti-Joey Barton media conspiracy continues

How do you know he didn't get in if there was no mention of it in the media? ;)

Ranger also didnt get in but no mention of him in the media. The anti-Joey Barton media conspiracy continues
Sky were reporting on both all yesterday evening. The difference is that Joey came out on the NUFC website with a statement and Ranger didn't. So Sky read the statement. But they did mention both players.

Sneijder supposedly going to be on 190k a week - that is astounding. And to think he wanted more than that at first.

He's such a damn perfect player for United, he's simply worth it. For me, amongst the top 5 players in the world. I'd actually rather have him at Villa than Iniesta or Xavi, not because he's a better player, but because I think he'd be more effective in the prem. Real big fan of his.