Jez

I think Woodgate is a great player. Still the best performance by any opposition player I have ever seen at Villa Park was by Woodgate in his Newcastle days. I predict he will be man of the match in both games he manages for Stoke next season.

:lol: brilliant post

I think Woodgate is a great player. Still the best performance by any opposition player I have ever seen at Villa Park was by Woodgate in his Newcastle days. I predict he will be man of the match in both games he manages for Stoke next season.

knowing our luck both will be vs Villa :evil:

Reported on the radio this morning that Corinthians have bid £40m for Tevez...

Manchester City have received a £35m bid from Brazilian side Corinthians for Carlos Tevez - but the offer is likely to be rejected by the Eastlands hierarchy.

Corinthians hope to bring 27-year-old back to the club where he enjoyed previous success from 2004-2006 and made their move after Tevez revealed he wanted to leave City to be reunited with his family.

City are considering the 40m Euro offer, but early indications are that Corinthians will need to increase their bid if they are to persuade the Eastlands outfit to sell the striker, who captained them to their first major trophy in 35 years when they won the FA Cup in May.

BBC Sport understands that City will step up their pursuit of Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero once Tevez's future has been settled after opening dialogue with the La Liga side about the Argentina striker.

City boss Roberto Mancini is an admirer of the 23-year-old but City will not move to progress any deal until Tevez's next move has been decided to avoid a stockpile of strikers at Eastlands.

Atletico are expected to demand £45m for Aguero, leaving City with the option of funding a transfer with the money brought in from potential sale of Tevez.

City are in no mood to rush into any decision on Tevez until their asking price - likely to be in excess of £40m - is met, believing they are in a powerful position to decide when any deal is done as he remains on a highly-lucrative, long-term deal.

Tevez 's contract is understood to be worth in excess of £200,000-a-week and it remains to be seen if Corinthians will match those lucrative terms.

Tevez has been linked with a transfer to several of Europe's top clubs since announcing his desire to leave, including Italian side Inter Milan, who subsequently ruled out a move for the forward.

It initially seemed a fanciful prospect that Tevez would be able to move to South America, as no club was believed to have the financial clout to sign him from City.

However, it is thought the massive transfer fee, almost treble the Corinthian club record of £13.7m that brought him to the Brazilian club in 2004, would be funded through sponsorship and money from TV rights.

"Brazil's economy is booming and there is a new TV deal which is going to get the Brazilian clubs a lot more money on the table for them," said BBC South America football correspondent Tim Vickery.

"Tevez did very well for Corinthians in 2005 - he helped the club to the Brazilian championship - before he moved to England the following year. It would be closer to his daughters in Buenos Aires and so I think we have to say that this is a possibility."

Tevez handed in a transfer request at Eastlands in December 2010 but later withdrew it.

He struggled for form towards the end of last season but still finished level with Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov as leading scorer in the Premier League as City finished third.

TEVEZ SAGA TIMELINE

Continue reading the main story

12 December 2010 - Tevez says he is going to leave Man City

20 December 2010 - Withdraws transfer request and commits future to club

16 May 2011 - Says he will only stay at club if solution found to "family issues"

8 June 2011 - Tevez says he will never return to "small and wet" Manchester

4 July - Confirms he is going to leave Manchester City

On the Beeb

I really do not think that Tevez would go back to Corinthians after the circumstances surrounding his previous exit there...Think this will be used to maybe get other clubs bidding and interested....think he will be off to Italy or Spain...maybe Inter if Sneijder goes to Utd?

I really do not think that Tevez would go back to Corinthians after the circumstances surrounding his previous exit there...Think this will be used to maybe get other clubs bidding and interested....think he will be off to Italy or Spain...maybe Inter if Sneijder goes to Utd?

If it really is down to homesickness / being close to family, then moving in Europe doesn't really help him.

If it really is down to homesickness / being close to family, then moving in Europe doesn't really help him.

I think part of it however is just his wife does not like England and Manchester in particular so he must go somewhere she likes so she will not leave him. South Americans, without generalizing, typically seem to enjoy Italy and Spain, so I think a move there would work for him. Then again, I do not know Tevez or his wife, so all guesswork tbh.

I keep reading stories about Italian teams wanting Aquilani, but Liverpool not wanting to part unless the offer is around 15mill. They seriously need to pull their heads out of their asses. Wanting that much for a player who struggles to play a full season and who does not even to seem to be that great...yet they only offer us around 15 mill for a way better performer who played in almost every minute of every match last season. Living on fantasy island them lot, if Aquilani is worth 15mill, then I want at least 30 for Stu.

I think part of it however is just his wife does not like England and Manchester in particular so he must go somewhere she likes so she will not leave him. South Americans, without generalizing, typically seem to enjoy Italy and Spain, so I think a move there would work for him. Then again, I do not know Tevez or his wife, so all guesswork tbh.

Yeah, makes sense. I guess his family are more likely to move and settle in hot, Spanish speaking Madrid than Manchester.

I think a players value is determined more on contract length then the players ability.

Of course there's a huge element of how good a player is etc.... but a Modric with 4 or 5 years left on his contract is probably worth more to Spurs then 27m.

So I can see why they're stating it's too low. He is class as well to be fair.

It's a language thing. Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are all fairly similar languages (mostly due to the Roman Empire and Latin) so it might be that Mrs Tevez would be much happier in either country. I'm no expert, but I am told that a Spanish speaker can understand Italian with almost no schooling, and Argentinian Spanish is the dialect which is most close to Italian. Probably due to the sheer numbers of Italian immigrants in Argentina.

Tevez is a joke. He's been in London/Manchester for five years and now realises in rains a lot and we don't speak Spanish. Reminds me of Anelka leaving Arsenal and slagging off London.

Candleface saying 27million is 'way too low' for modric? I mean he is decent but he isnt world class, 30 million at an absolute maximum.

as will be quoted all summer, Jordan Henderson 20 million. IM sure Levy saw that and will want at least 40-50million though not sure he will get it