Jez

Moreira (GK - Benfica) may sign with Swansea.

0,,10354~9782961,00.jpg

Jose joy for Moreira and Swans

Swansea City have agreed terms with Benfica's highly-rated goalkeeper Jose Moreira.

The 29-year-old arrived at the Liberty Stadium for talks this afternoon and quickly agreed terms on a two-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The Portuguese international made 148 appearances for Benfica and helped them win the League Cup last season after saving a penalty in the final.

Not transfer related but it is a rumour (based on a fact) that doesn't quite deserve it's own thread.

Essien has injured his knee in training again today, and there is a lot of talk that it could be a third cruciate injury, which could in turn mean his career comes into doubt. It's not been confirmed how bad it is, but if it is a bad one, again, could be the end of him.

Rummenigge: (Bayern)

"You have to look at it soberly - the player is under contract with Manchester City and the decision lies with them."

"At the moment they're using a tactic that I've never seen: they don't respond, even if we try to contact them.

"And this is so even though they have signed two players for exactly the same position in recent days.

Seems like Adebayor isn't the only one with communication problems with City.

Indeed he does AVFC-POB. Let's ask if we can loan him for a season!! I doubt Milner would want that though...I know he won't get much match time next season....but he will at least want to say he has played in the CL in some capacity...even if it is just for a few minutes.