Jez

WTF is this about O'Neill buying a foreigner? Is that his first proper one ever?

Salifou was an after thought and he got the tip from Guzan from a guy at Celtic where he was on trial.

Didn't sign from abroad did he?

sneijder to galatasaray

seems a really strange one, not sure of its his agent trying to get more teams to play their hand, if he ends up there though it just feels like a huge waste that he outpriced himself from utd and spurs etc (if you believe the rumours, and other than money i cant see why he'd go to turkey)

sneijder to galatasaray

seems a really strange one, not sure of its his agent trying to get more teams to play their hand, if he ends up there though it just feels like a huge waste that he outpriced himself from utd and spurs etc (if you believe the rumours, and other than money i cant see why he'd go to turkey)

Yep very strange, you'd think if he was going to an obscure league it would Russia or Ukraine with all the money there

WTF is this about O'Neill buying a foreigner? Is that his first proper one ever?

Salifou was an after thought and he got the tip from Guzan from a guy at Celtic where he was on trial.

Didn't sign from abroad did he?

Carew.

Remember when the parameters for that kept getting wider and wider?

It started with he never signs anyone foreign. Then it was anyone who doesn't already play in England. THen it was anyone who doesn't already play in Britain. Then it was anyone who wasn't from an english speaking country. Then it was anyone who didn't speak English already. (all this mostly from one poster IIRC)

Edited by Stevo985

My mate who watches a lot of Italian football has said Sneijder has been poor ever since Mourinho left. He doesnt get in the first team apparently and is constantly injured.

I know the Dutch were crap, but I thought Sneijder was brilliant at the Euros in the summer.

sneijder to galatasaray

Personally I think Sneijder is a bit overrated. I think he is a good central mid and would do well at a lot of clubs but I don't think he is one of the best in the world. He is too inconsistent for me. This movie doesn't make sense either. Unless he is being offered ridiculous wages, then why else would he not sign for a top club here or elsewhere? I am pretty sure that a lot of clubs better than Galatassaray would pay his wage demands.

Yep very strange, you'd think if he was going to an obscure league it would Russia or Ukraine with all the money there

I wouldn't classify any of those leagues as "obscure"...

Anyways, Gala must be paying him some nice money.

Edited by maqroll