Jez

"Yes, I've sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG," he told Sky Sport 24. "We will save €154 million over two years." - Silvio B'

seems like it is happening then.

What a joke Berlusconi is.

Save 154m my ass! He just gave Silva a new contract, worth a silly amount, so he could make it look better on the money he is 'saving'.

so in other words they'll be like man city but in france...

Well I predict PSG could go on to win the league 5 times in a row, City won't.

based on what? unless city lose focus on the league and go hell for leather for the CL or mancini gets the boot i dont see whats stopping them

they are now getting rid of the deadwood, meaning they can lower the wage bill and get better back ups in

so in other words they'll be like man city but in france...

Well I predict PSG could go on to win the league 5 times in a row, City won't.

based on what? unless city lose focus on the league and go hell for leather for the CL or mancini gets the boot i dont see whats stopping them

they are now getting rid of the deadwood, meaning they can lower the wage bill and get better back ups in

Well they fell over the line last season, nothing to say United won't push them again while Chelsea are spending a lot of money as well. City have competition whereas PSG don't really.

Well they fell over the line last season, nothing to say United won't push them again while Chelsea are spending a lot of money as well. City have competition whereas PSG don't really.

You can spin last seasons title race either way though. Manchester City won their final six games to clinch the title, is that falling over the line?

Manchester United on the other hand were eight points clear with six games to play and still failed to win the title. Statistically speaking, that is the worst collapse in a title race in the history of the English league.

You can spin last seasons title race either way though. Manchester City won their final six games to clinch the title, is that falling over the line?

Manchester United on the other hand were eight points clear with six games to play and still failed to win the title. Statistically speaking, that is the worst collapse in a title race in the history of the English league.

And how far ahead were City earlier on? They won it on GD so it was one of the closet races ever arguably.

I dont know what the biggest gap was, but it seemed to be 3-5 points for most of the season until City had a blip and United had a particularly good run of form in February & March. The biggest gap was certainly when United were 8 points clear, and lets not forget, Manchester City won the league with 89 points, which is a very high final tally. 80 points had been enough to win it the year before, and United failing to win it also on 89 points gives them the highest points total ever posted by a runner up.

As for the tight finish? I'd say this is second only to 1989 in my lifetime. That being the year where Michael Thomas scored in injury time of the final game of the season for Arsenal against Liverpool at Anfield to give Arsenal the title on goals scored over Liverpool.

I'm unsure on Mancini... He seemed to out Fergie Fergie when it can to the "we can't win it stuff" when 8 points behind

But with the money and players , a poor Man U side and Chelsea in crises his team really should have won the league without breaking into a sweat

Chelsea appear to be investing but I don't think RDM is the man to win the title and he's probably just holding the fort until Christmas , united don't look good enough again so I'd be very surprised if city don't win it again next season