Jez

Stoke apparently now have 5 Champions League winners in their team.

Wish the media would stop going on about that. Shaqiri aside they were all bit-part players at best.

Nah, Bojan played a fair bit when he was at Barca, scored in the QF's too I think? Not 100%. I think Afellay also had a couple games, but Arnautovic and Muniesa are stretching it.

Jonathan Greening is a CL winner. It doesn't necessarily mean the player is good.

That being said, Stoke are assembling a decent side.

Bloody hell, took me a few seconds to think who Greening won the CL with. One for the 'Players you forgot' thread me thinks.

Shaqiri to Stoke is a strange move. Just checked out his stats from last season. One goal and two assists in 15 games in Serie A. Might do better in the Premier League with a good run of games, mind.

They appear to be signing players purely by the size of the name and what is associated with it to make their adult fans act like 13 year olds. I don't think it's going to work out as well as they hope, and these guys are surely on biiiig wages because of their reputations.

Jonathan Greening is a CL winner. It doesn't necessarily mean the player is good.

One for another thread perhaps, but I wonder what the worst possible CL winner's XI one could assemble.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to seeing Shaqiri play though. He could light it up. It's a cracking signing for Stoke.

He won't flop, his physicality will see to that, but I can't see him lighting much up. He's a good, if inconsistent player that never *quite* reached his very early potential.

I'm not being funny, but after rejecting them outright early in the summer he has ended up at Stoke. Not Arsenal, Chelsea or even Tottenham who like to sign all the midfielders, but Stoke.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have had him down the Villa no question. But the wankfest is silly.

One for another thread perhaps, but I wonder what the worst possible CL winner's XI one could assemble.

I want to see this

Dudek

Ferreira Roque Junior May Traore

Biscan Greening Anderson

CIsse  Jancker Kewell

honourabel mentions 

Geremi

Luiz

Blomqvist

Zickler

Ivan Campo

• Like 1