1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Look, things can only get better”...

Any possibility of Blair coming back?

Hey Tony, looks like the new lib-lab pact is going to need a new leader - you know, someone who can unite the two disparate factions.

Any suggestions?

article-1269969-095F9D25000005DC-746_306x423.jpg

be interesting to see how this poll pans out

Poll 2 seemed to show a drop in the labour vote .. which was kinda mirrored in the real world as well

image003l.gif

Well the tory vote (ghey pink line) hasn't held up too well. Better than labour, but that's like saying Villa are better than newcastle toon.

Well I must be reading it wrong then as the Tory line seems to have shot up over 10% and the Lib dems dropped

I also get the impression the woman..er.. isn't the sharpest

I knew it , Chindie is Gordon Brown ..

*shakes fist*

*Hurls mobile 'phone* might have been more appropriate. :winkold:

denies making such a statement and then put head in hands when shown it would have been even more appropriate :-)

I think Labour's success in this election relies to a large extent on persuading us that Blair no longer exists. The main reason I'm currently leaning towards Brown is because he's the least like Blair of the three candidates.

For me Blair should be on the end of a rope and the less we see of him in this campaign the better off the Labour party will be - in fact, their main attraction to me is that they seem to be showing signs of de-Blairing and becoming the Labour party again.

If Blair was still the Labour leader would he be doing better?
I think that's hard to tell as I do think people would have had enough of him by now as well, he may have been able to sell it better than Gordon but Ithink the time thing would have counted against him.

that they seem to be showing signs of de-Blairing and becoming the Labour party again.

One of the successes of Bliar was realising that the Real Labour Party was /is and forever shall be unelectable in this country, so if they are moving back to it they'll be out for ages.

that they seem to be showing signs of de-Blairing and becoming the Labour party again.

One of the successes of Bliar was realising that the Real Labour Party was /is and forever shall be unelectable in this country, so if they are moving back to it they'll be out for ages.

I actually think Blairs attempt to out-Tory the Tories might have made people think twice about it. The country has never been more ready for a more radical approach, it's one of the reasons why the Lib Dems are popular at the moment. People are generally fed up with the lack of any real difference in the parties.

I couldn't care less what people look like. I used my postal vote for the Lib Dems, as I think that the Lib Dems have the best policies, and that Clegg would make the best leader.

only reason im not voting lib dems is because of their stance on the euro, we joining disaster. his response was weak about it, and i dont like his stance on immigration either

I thought his response was rather clear, in that yes ultimately he thought we should join the Euro but that right now in the current circumstances it was highly inappropriate and that he thought if such a move was made, it would be after a referendum.

Seems perfectly fair to me, he wasn't hiding anything, said it wasn't going to happen in the near future and if it did happen, it would be with the will of the people.

I couldn't care less what people look like. I used my postal vote for the Lib Dems, as I think that the Lib Dems have the best policies, and that Clegg would make the best leader.

only reason im not voting lib dems is because of their stance on the euro, we joining disaster. his response was weak about it, and i dont like his stance on immigration either

I thought his response was rather clear, in that yes ultimately he thought we should join the Euro but that right now in the current circumstances it was highly inappropriate and that he thought if such a move was made, it would be after a referendum.

Seems perfectly fair to me, he wasn't hiding anything, said it wasn't going to happen in the near future and if it did happen, it would be with the will of the people.

But if the situation isn't right now, how can you ever be sure that situation will ever be right? And even if it is right, how can you be sure it will stay right? Signing up to something because it's the right thing for that time is foolish if it's not going to be the right thing for all times.

But if the situation isn't right now, how can you ever be sure that situation will ever be right? And even if it is right, how can you be sure it will stay right? Signing up to something because it's the right thing for that time is foolish if it's not going to be the right thing for all times.

Making a choice, believing that the timing for making a particular choice is incorrect, believing that the time for making that choice is correct and making the choice not to do something (not just on the basis of 'timing') are all about taking a risk (whether the choice is high risk or so low risk as to be thoroughly negligible).

But you know that so I'm not sure why you made your comment. :?

Edit: Read that back and I didn't mean it to sound as confrontational as it might do. I just wondered why the comment about certainty.

Same applies for staying out Don. Ruling it out forever, kind of closes off something on idealogical grounds.

It's something I changed my mind on, about 5 years ago - I was all for joining, but the effect it had on Italy's inflation - I used to go there a lot - turned me against joining. And nothing since ha made me change my mind back, but maybe in the future it will be the best thing to do. So Ithink Lib Dem and Labour are the best placed policy wise on the Euro. Not now, but not ruling it out (after a referendum) if the time is right.