1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think Clegg is the safest in his role as leader out of the three Tony

just found this from one of the latest polls

Tory supporters are the most enthusiastic about their party's leader, with 86 per cent saying they want to see him in Number 10, while fewer than three-quarters (73 per cent) say the same about Mr Brown. Only 61 per cent of Liberal Democrat supporters want to see Mr Clegg become Prime Minister

rather strange about Clegg amongst his own supporters .. wonder who they have in mind ?

Fair enough Tony, I respect your views. I must stress I'm not having ago at the wealthy because they have every right to be wealthy and be prosperous in their own right; I like the hierarchy structure we have in this Country as it is something we all can actively climb with determination whatever background we are from. I think the main problem we don't see eye to eye is geographical reasons, I don't know where you live but I suspect near Oxford or someplace south, it's a lot different from the hovel I live in :D

Anyway, whatever outcome happens tomorrow we can all enjoy it and move on with our lives after.

think Clegg is the safest in his role as leader out of the three Tony

just found this from one of the latest polls

Tory supporters are the most enthusiastic about their party's leader, with 86 per cent saying they want to see him in Number 10, while fewer than three-quarters (73 per cent) say the same about Mr Brown. Only 61 per cent of Liberal Democrat supporters want to see Mr Clegg become Prime Minister

rather strange about Clegg amongst his own supporters .. wonder who they have in mind ?

It's always struck me that there's still a bit of a rivalry between the Liberals and the [social] Democrats in that party...

I will worry intensely if the worst happens and Cameron gets in. They're fundamentally opposed to my own political beliefs, I'm happy to say I'm anti-Tory all day long. And I'm happy to say I don't like any parties, or the very idea behind parties indeed, but that doesn't stop them being the one of the big 3 I hate most.

I don't trust Cameron. I don't trust his party. I fear that he will get a slim win and will have to pander to those sat behind him, and their beliefs terrify me - I can't believe in a party that exhibits a casual homophobia that seems to eek out of some Tory candidates for instance.

Any PM is going to have to invest in cuts in the publics spending and is going to have to raise cash, that I know too. But again I have this nagging doubt that under the Tories, the bottom is going to get stung hardest, even harder than others, because that is the Tory way - protect the top and the bottom shall follow inevitably - I don't believe in that. As someone from a properly workin class background, I'm not afraid to say I'm very worried by what could happen to my family, especially as my dad is retired and my mom effectively part time, and my dad being a reasonably regular visitor to hospital for tests.

As student... well. It's not going to be good in the coming months, regardless again of the government, but yet again it nags me thinking under the Tories it's going to be worse.

I don't think leopards often change their spots. I'm not old enough, obviously, to remember Thatcher, or particlarly remember a time before New Labour really, they got in when I was 9, but I'd heard from my dad and other older relatives and friends and frankly, it doesn't paint a nice picture. There is no such thing as society, she is famous for saying. Cameron may not believe that - but I would stake good money on more than 1 or 2 of his back benchers thinking exactly the same, and barring a miracle he won't be able to ignore them. That horrifies me.

I'm really very worried.

If I was going to stream it, I'd just watch C-SPAN3 without having to find a proxy.

EDIT: Perhaps I should bomb one of the houses of Congress tomorrow so that C-SPAN or C-SPAN2 doesn't show House or Senate proceedings and they adjust the schedule...

Ah sorry, I've not read back over the last few pages, apologies if I'm just repeating you.

I'm talking a Tory love interest now and that conversation sparked me thinking about really how I'm going to feel seeing him in No.10.

someplace south

Surrey , despite Rob calling me a cockney :shock:

Mate, you've got a cockney accent, you might as well be the lead singer of Sham 69 :lol:

(Yes, I know it was Jimmy Pursey)

Ah sorry, I've not read back over the last few pages, apologies if I'm just repeating you.

I'm talking a Tory love interest now and that conversation sparked me thinking about really how I'm going to feel seeing him in No.10.

My view - I can’t speak for everyone on this forum, neither can I persuade people to vote like me, nor would I want that to happen; I think that’s one of the beauties of Democracy in this Country we can all debate our differences freely and educate each other with these differences, so we all get a better understanding of the Society around us. I have already learnt so much from these forum debates on VT, I have a better educated perspective from the experience of different views, I appreciate and enjoy the diverse engagement with other posters.

I’m a first time voter, who comes from a working class background and I am immensely proud of my culture and the principles of my background. Has it influenced my political view? Of course, but I try to look at all the political parties fairly and see which offers Society a better deal. I’m not one of these people who will begrudge a wealthy person his right to earn that wealth and prosper in Society, I support the hierarchy structure in this Country as it gives everyone a chance to operate within it, obviously it’s a bigger challenge to start at the bottom of the pile and that’s why there should be support from the Government to give every child a fair start in life and then the impetus is on the individual to find a direction for themselves. I’m happy enough to pay my contribution to Society with my money going towards bettering the living standards for all people in this land. I genuinely want a fairer Country not a selfish, self serving one.

I don’t fancy a Conservative Government; my concern is the cuts in the Public Sector and placing the emphasis on the Private Sector, not all of us can financially afford different choices and this is why we need a strong Public Sector to protect and serve the less fortunate, and plans to reduce spending on this area can lead to a serious gap from the Rich to the Poor, other serious consequences would arrive from this poverty gap. And that is a major issue for me, it may not be for people who live in a wealthy domain but I’m sure anybody with a compassionate heart would be worried by this also. David Cameron keeps mentioning that big businesses back his vision for the Economy, I admit this worries me a lot as it shows him siding with big bosses, bosses who earn a rich wage and they certainly won’t care for the people below them. He also keeps alluding to “waste” but never clearly defines what he means by this, I have my suspicions about his “waste” and I fear the worst for the lower paid people in these big companies. From my perspective the Tory blueprint is one which embodies: The rich, bigger social divides, shirking Public responsibility and allowing social standards to suffer for the cause of greed. My ancestors worked hard for this country and hard for social reform over the last hundred years, we shouldn’t abandon our years of fighting for a better future for all Society; we should keep fighting for equality in Society until the last beat of our heart, and we should leave our descendents a better Society to flourish in and hope they will continue the work of their predecessors.

I’m voting Labour because I believe in their values, morals and policies of creating a better Society for me and the people around me. I’m not Anti-Tory, I just believe they will neglect their state duties and leave many people to suffer in poorer areas of the Country. I really do hope when I look back on this Election the right outcome has succoured towards a better future for Society in this Country.

Thats the thing with the Tory's it's not so much Cameron who I just don't trust, or even Hauge, Clarke or Davis.

But Pickles, Osbourne, May and many of the new breed of Tory's and the people that back them, the people who are in Local Conservative Associations, and many others who you don't see on camera I just could never trust.

The Tory candidate for Perry Barr, I read an old blog of his today. He said how the new top bracket of tax would be easy to get out of and encouraged people to do so who know how. How is this right? Where is the fairness in this?

I have some soft left tendicies, none of which are matched by the Conservative party! It actually saddens me!

Mate, you've got a cockney accent, you might as well be the lead singer of Sham 69

meh He was born in Hersham .. it's about 5 mins from where i live and he's not a cockney either :-)

I just believe they will neglect their state duties

I ve heard a lot about the state and what the state does and how the tories (and in fact the other two will cut the state’s services). I am not against the state doing things; it has to. But at times I believe people become too dependant on the state and the state dominates all life; they seem incapable of doing anything for themselves and believe the state should support them. If people are capable of helping themselves, but rely on the state, that surely means that those incapable (who the state should protect) of looking after themselves are given a raw deal? I am led to believe that the state now accounts for nearly 50% of jobs, 70% in Northern Ireland; that seems strange to me. As a country are we incapable of creating jobs that are anything but state jobs?