Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

6 hours ago, blandy said:

Something's gone very wrong with the Bears - loads of people leaving, players, coach, stuff like that. I wonder if the club has just concentrated on commerce and ground developments, and lost a bit of focus on actually playing cricket. I don't think they were ever likely to defend the title, but getting relegated is a bit of a shock (if it happens) compared to what I thought would happen - maybe 4th or 5th.

It's even worse being a Sussex fan.  I can't believe how many players come and go mid-season in county cricket these days.  They should have some sort of transfer window like in football.  I genuinely have no idea how many players Sussex have picked this year, the overseas must be nearly in double figures, we even played a Greece international for a few weeks.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 13:41, blandy said:

Something's gone very wrong with the Bears - loads of people leaving, players, coach, stuff like that. 

They've raided my team for a couple of players (Moeen Ali and Ed Barnard)

Should be two very good signings for them, especially Barnard. 

On 13/09/2022 at 20:12, sharkyvilla said:

It's even worse being a Sussex fan.  I can't believe how many players come and go mid-season in county cricket these days.  They should have some sort of transfer window like in football.  I genuinely have no idea how many players Sussex have picked this year, the overseas must be nearly in double figures, we even played a Greece international for a few weeks.

I hate the constant movement of players now, going on loan for one game or teams having 4 or 5 overseas players in a year across the formats. 

Bears chasing 143 off the last 24 with 7 wickets left for what would be a huge win... 

EDIT: And as I sent that, Will Rhodes gets bowled ffs. Probably settle for a draw now. 

EDIT again: two wickets in three balls :lol: 

Edited by Milfner

Bonkers day in the Championship today 

Hampshire got Kent out for 165 , before being bowled all out for 57

Lancashire were bowled out for 131 , skittled out Essex for 107   .. and are currently 12 for 6 in their second Innings ! 

I think a Surrey win or draw and Hampshire defeat means Surrey are Champions  

2 hours ago, Milfner said:

And at the other end of the table... Warwicks lose to winless Gloucestershire so it's very, very likely we'll be playing in the second tier next year. An absolutely pathetic season. 

Take a couple of players of little old Worcs, and we might be replacing you in the top division! I'm assuming its 3 to get promoted still?

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Take a couple of players of little old Worcs, and we might be replacing you in the top division! I'm assuming its 3 to get promoted still?

2 up 2 down I think? 

33 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I just started watching One day cricket at the end of last season.Am watching India Vs Australia now and can someone explain what is a strike rate of 125 ?

I think that relates to Railway workers.

Edited by sidcow

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I just started watching One day cricket at the end of last season.Am watching India Vs Australia now and can someone explain what is a strike rate of 125 ?

It measures how many runs per balls faced. A strike rate of 125 is what they would score based on 100 balls faced. 

Edited by Xela

Looks like Warwickshire are going to get relegated because of yesterdays crap weather, lost way too much play so had to declare when only 4 wickets down.  Yorkshire about to lose but Warwickshire likely to get a draw now :(

Â